• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatal

Banned
Which generation of Pokemon was your favorite? This can mean anything... the games, anime, etc. Overall, which did you like the best?

As for me, I liked the Johto era... cool things like baby pokemon, eggs and berries were introduced, and I enjoyed being able to go back to Kanto in the future in G/S/C.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
'Old skool' RBY, things were a lot less complicated then.. Now we get to worry about breeding, contests, natures... WTF? I just wanna play with mi pokeymens!!

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Although I like the whole RS era more, I truly do miss the good ol' days of running around mindlessly for hours in RBY.... Basically just doing anything trying to beat the games. Like Little_Pikachu put it, it was less complicated and I liked that. :(

S

smiley.

Johto is my favourite, for its length, and massess of new features.

I liked the Johto Pokemon better they were much more classic than Kanto I mean Kanto stunk with crappy pokemon Ideas no offence to those who like the Kanto generation

Atari

Did it on 'em
Yeah, for some strange reason Jhoto was/is my favorite. I loved it whenever the Silver & Gold versions came out because the 2nd Generation was new and fun. Plus the additions to the dexter were amazing. So overall, the GSC generation is probably most memorable.

Heracross

Custom User Title
As far as the games and the creatures themselves, I'm still partial to G/S/C. Though I stopped collecting the cards shortly after the second generation was released. Animé-wise, the first generation is still my favorite. So it just depends on what medium you're talking about. XP

S

Shadow_Umbreon

Johto was my favorite with the whole Day and Night, breeding and all that. Also I liked most of the Pokemon that were there, like Umbreon, Typhlosion, Ho-oh and Smeargle. And I agree with Little_Pikachu about being R/S/E being a bit complicated. EV training... ick. :/

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Johto when it comes to games. I loved day and night, berries, held items, and the like. To me, Red and Blue had too little, and Ruby and Sapphire almost had too many bells and whistles, with things like natures.

Though as far as Pokemon go, I have to say I'm partial to the Hoenn ones.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
The jhoto generation, it had a long story and it was a pretty good game. The jhoto journeys sucked though cause it was freakin' LONG!

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
~*Ujun*~ said:
I liked the Johto Pokemon better they were much more classic than Kanto I mean Kanto stunk with crappy pokemon Ideas no offence to those who like the Kanto generation
But hey, it was the original. You gotta start somewhere. ^_^

On another note, some of the newer additions were boring...and complicated. ;o;

On anime terms, I like the RSE gen the most, Kanto coming in 2nd and Johto third. In Pokemon terms, I'd have to say RSE, although some were kinda stupid, I felt it more colorful, for some reason. :eek:

At the time of my posting, it's Johto: 14, Hoenn: 1, and Kanto at a highly amusing 0. That just made my day, really it did :D

Anyway, I like Johto best. I'm not going to explain my opinion on each individual reason, especially as I did in the PokéPolls version of this, so I'm just going to say I love Johto, with Hoenn close behind, and Kanto in the very back.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

I like all 3 equally. All of them have good things I've come to love.

My least favorite games were GSC, but bleah... don't feel like arguing now. Best games were all the ones in this third Generation. Best Pokémon were in all of them IMO. Still, it wasn't until this very generation when games like Colosseum and XD FINALLY shed worthy spotlight into 2nd Gen Pokémon. But I've come to love them as much as the other generations. :)

The Anime was better at the beginning. The Manga(s) seems to own in any Generation.

But yes. I like the 3 of them...

It kills me to have no multiple choice. I'll vote the 3rd Gen... for what I care the most in this frachise besides the characters are the games, and my experiences in the first two generations as far as the games go were far from pleasant... =/

Last edited:

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
In terms of Pokemon, Kanto. They were quite organized, not having to deal with pre-evolutions.

Game-wise, it's Hoenn. I didn't like having to press A to see the whole message about an Elite Four member sending out a Pokemon. Now we have backgrounds for battles, running shoes, and everything looks and sounds SO much better.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
God, these questions always get me :(

I really like them all actually - because they each had their special moments.
Hopefully this isn't counted as SPAM since I can't make much of a decision.

~Scott;229;

Baburu Zenigame

very nice high five!
By the games, GSC is the best( it was my first GBC game^^)
But in the Anime, the RBY RULES!
I mean, it was the originel genaration, you can't comepete with the originel. Even the GSC was very nice^^

Oh I still remmember Jessie's Ecens and Jame's Koffing. Good times^^
But the only disadnenge of the 2nd genaration was of caurse, it was the shortest( 100 pkm.) and the first ganeration was the longest( 150 pkm.)

So in short, 1st-2nd session is the best.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I do enjoy all the new features in the third generation. However, G/S/C will always be my favorite. Perhaps it was just because of its timing. What with all the hype of the fad surrounding its release, the relative crappiness of R/B/Y, and the very first set of new Pokemon, the second generation seemed like a gift from the heavens. Playing it was magical too. From the engaging, day/night/days of the week system, to its then superior graphics, second generation played great.

It succeded in ways that went beyond mechanics too. Johto had, in my opinion, the best feel of any region yet. With its rustic, olden Japanese locals, it was easily better than the generic Kanto, or the tropical Hoenn (despite Hoenn's complexity and diversity.) And then of course there was the story. The story remains the best next to the two Gamecube titles, which sacrificed gameplay to tell a mediocre tale. It had the whole "sequal-thing" helping it, but it felt so great to find Red again, to watch Giovanni's son reek havoc amongst the remnants of his father's team (something that couldn't be appreciated until later) and to see Blue at the Viridian gym. It was everything Red and Blue should've been, and had led up to.

As for the Pokemon themselves, each generation has its own merit. I really couldn't decide. I don't watch the anime, so I can't attest as to Johto's alleged crappiness in that area.

Aptenodytes

Kanto region defintly! It is what started the pokemon craze and the first games that came out were very fun to play with ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.