• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eszett

one love
Oh, definitely the Johto series. Sure, Kanto had it auspicious glitches yet unforgettable charm of nostalgia, and Hoenn had its pretty graphics and vast areas to explore in addition to a refreshingly different ilk of Pokemon, the Johto experience remains the one series of Pokemon where I have felt totally immersed in the game. The quintessential ambience of the locales it depicted made the whole journey feel so lifelike to me. While travelling through the Petalburg Woods was merely a fun gaming experience, going through Ilex Forest felt like a whole different calibre of reality to me. I felt absorbed into the game as if I was actually exploring Johto as a child on his Pokemon journey as opposed to simply manipulating a character upon which I constantly looked down. I daresay that playing Silver was the most spiritual moment I can remember in my life.

Psychic

Really and truly
Kanto.
The Pokémon were most fresh and original (obviously), and most, if not all were interesting. Here we were introduced to the Legendaries; the birds which (later) fought each other, and Mew, the first Pokémon in existance, and its Super-Clone, Mewtwo's feud. Oh, how few and important the Legendaries were.

It was back when training was easy and simple; you caught a Pokémon of the species you liked and just trained it. You didn't worry about nature or ability or even gender, and all Pokémon were the same? What Shinies?

Places from the bustling Saffron City to the dreary Lavender Town. Cinnabar Island's odd facilities and the Mysterious Dungeon's hidden secrets.

The first Team anything, who were only bent on stealing and robbing (and Clone armies XD). The neatest Gym Leaders of such different and distinct personalities. The first Elite Four and THE HOTNESS THAT IS LANCE.

I go with Kanto all the way.
~Psychic

Jupetta

I like them all for different reasons, Kanto for pioneering the show, Johto for introducing many new aspects to the franchise, and Hoenn for things like Banette and Pokemon Contests.
;354;~Dark Magician~;354;

Angeling

true love
Speaking of just the Pokémon appearing, I would have to say Johto. I may not have played the Johto games, but certainly it seems very engaging. Not only that, but it was also the introduction of my favorite Pokémon (plural). I like the region regardless of the game graphics, etc.

My second would have to be Hoenn, for reasons unknown at the moment. Perhaps it is mostly because I'm more knowledgeable in that compared to the other handheld games of Pokémon. But the contests, etc. are quite engaging too, but along with that and EVs, IVs, natures, etc. do get confusing..

Last edited:

Tenten

"Just kidding!"
I liked Johto the best. I like games with a lot of history to it, and Johto has a lot of that, especially in Ecruteak City. To me, Johto is the most challenging region I've ever played. Plus, the first playable female character was introduced and so were a lot of Pokemon I really liked, like Scizor. The Pokegear, the Night and Day system, and traveling back to Kanto was fun. i really loved playing Crystal Version.

My second favorite generation is Hoenn, because they introduced something else I could do besides battling and training and completing the pokedex: pokemon contests. Out of all them, I'm the best at pokemon contests. My pokemon got painted and made it into the museum as Master Rank! ^^;

S

Shadowcat

Johto. Nice Animations in Crystal, Day & Night Features... It's getting more and more like real life when I was playing Crystal...

Yeah Johto, even though my favorite Pokemon's from Hoenn.

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
Johto of course! I don't know...I just like it.

I REALLY want a remake of it, just like FireRed. It'll be a very fun game...Yeah :D

~Timid Kyogre

pikachu146

3rd generation,the starters are cool,and I like the battle frontier in it.

Volteon

Back I guess??
jotho is my favorite.
Also jotho region answered for most people that we don´t need quantity, we need creativity for a new region.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Psychic said:
Kanto.
The Pokémon were most fresh and original (obviously), and most, if not all were interesting.
~Psychic
Saying this about Kanto is f*cking stupid. How are a red-and-white ball, a heap of sludge, a pidgeon with long hair, a set of bop-a-moles, a horse on fire and a generic dragon more original than cyclops mummies, kickboxing toadstools, demon hockey masks, electric fish, flying scorpions,metal-armoured birds, lava snails, dancing psychic pigs on springs, flying banana tree dinosaurs, volcanic camels, exploding metal-shelled bagworms and spikey-haired egg monsters, plus the countless other masterpieces of Johto and Hoenn.
There's tons of other bad things about Knato, but since this is not a region-bashing thread, I'll just say what I like about my two favourite regions: Johto and Hoenn. Johto had the best Pokemon by far. Alot of them were fairly bad battlers, but they still had amazing designs and the intraduction of 00ber-powerful Pokemon like Blissey, Tyrannitar, and Skarmory made up for that.
But otherwise, Hoenn. Nuff said.

FireKero!

SWABLR
The first season of Pokemon is what really got me into anime, so...

G/S/C is the best game to date. I don't care what anyone else has to say, getting 16 badges was the best. And I even cried when I saw what happened to Cinnibar(??) island in Silver.

The card game from the start was what lead me to play YGO and DM. If it wasn't for PK, then I wouldn't be the kickass duelist I am today. The first three sets is what really got me into TCG's.

Wow. Now that I think about it, if it wasn't for pokemon, my life would be SO different.

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
yeh same here thats how i got into anime....i no alot more about the 1st series but that might be because iv seen them alot....but i think the lates ones have alot going for them and are more intresting(but that might be because iv seen the 1st ones to many times)

Hoenn all the way, I mean Crystal was great but Hoenn had awesome gym leaders, contests, some cool Pokemon and so on. But Kanto would be my second favourite.

Ben Kenobi

I liked Johto the most. G/S/C were awesome when they first came out with the features such as day and night, breeding, berries, travelling between regions, new Pokemon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.