• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiang

Johto and Hoenn both are awesome. Johto has most of my favorite Pokemon, and Hoenn brought Contestshipping and Drew.

Johto for me.

I mean:
1) Pokemon Gold was my first game
2) The Johto Pokemon are totally cool
3) Day/Night <- FTW
4)FERALIGATR <-even better! 8D
5) Kanto was part of it

etc. etc. etc.

ViNe WhIp

Johto Champion
May I remind some people this forum is for remembering the good times not criticizing people's opinions.

I love RBY Gen for a few reasons. First of all they were the first games a therfore made the huge impact on me. Second like other have said it was less complicated. Third I like how there was less pokémon 150 how many is there now? Isn't it up into the 300s?

Kanto comes in second fo the awsome features and the release of some refreshingly new pokemon plus TWO REGIONS! Don't forget the famed duplication glitch either. I would love a remake of this. Also if I'm not mistaken (I think it first showed up in Hoenn) didn't GSC introduce running?

Hoenn comes in third because theres just to many things like natures and iv/ev whatever.

Last edited:
Best Generation?

Which do you think was the best generation personally i think it was GSC
also what is the exact date of pokemons 10th birthday anyone....?

Guraena

I really like them all, but I suppose the Johto generation since it introduced so much. It's been pretty much explained throughout this thread, so yeah.

I like Hoenn for second. More new features, though not as much nor as good as Johto methinks. I like Hoenn for the new Pokemon. XD; *shot*

Kanto, eh. Well, it was the good ol' simple days.

Fatal

Banned
Yes, there is already a thread like this. My thread, to be exact.

It's not that hard to browse through one page of threads and make sure that you're not creating a duplicate. :/

Last edited:

Baburu Zenigame

very nice high five!
EDIT: Ops...sorry, forgot there is a thread like this....
Please delet my post...

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Definitly GSC era. I don't like the anime much, so I don't know what the best was for the anime. For the games, GSC introduced way more things than 3rd gen, and didn't have too many extra things. For the cards, I liked the E-reader cards better than the ones now.

Kabuto

little punks!
(Can't believe I'm saying this) I picked Hoenn. I'm sorry I betrayed you Kanto (and Johto) but Hoenn games were just............. better.

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
I like all the game eras, but I will have to say the Johto era is my favorite. They had a great theme song to the show and the game for Johto was very interesting because it was 16 gyms instead of 8. I also like the Johto era because they introduced my favorite 2nd pokemon:Tyrouge.

ViNe WhIp

Johto Champion
well if you think R/S/E is best than its probably your favorite as well. They're the same thing. Only the thread creator and staff can delete posts.

Lamington Luffy

I'm gone, bye.
I like Johto and Hoenn. I like johto more....but....I voted for Hoenn for some reason XD. I love most of the pokemon from Johto, but my favourite pokemon is from hoenn.

In short:
Johto has Octillery 8D
and Hoenn has Treecko XD

Psydaquil

Psyduck + Cyndaquil
well

For me it would be hands down, Johto. I remember the exicetment. It was cool cause me and my 2 friends all had vastly differnt ideas of what pokemon starter to pick as I picked Cyndaquil and they picked other 2. We got them all anyway when we breeded them. I loved Going out at night and day. I remeber waking up early one time just to catch a Ledyba in the morning. I loved how differnt days differnt things where open and the Bug Cathcing contest. I Loved Grooming and 16 badges.

Man i just wish they would do a remake of it. I think that D/P can be better if they do the same things that Johto did espically with the day and night and days of the week.

The only thing i didnt like was no Safari Zone.

OMG I ALMOST Forgot, I loved the babies and Catching seasonal pokes! So fun!

Chilled2m7

WRX STi
Solembum said:
May I remind some people this forum is for remembering the good times not criticizing people's opinions.

I love RBY Gen for a few reasons. First of all they were the first games a therfore made the huge impact on me. Second like other have said it was less complicated. Third I like how there was less pokémon 150 how many is there now? Isn't it up into the 300s?

Kanto comes in second fo the awsome features and the release of some refreshingly new pokemon plus TWO REGIONS! Don't forget the famed duplication glitch either. I would love a remake of this. Also if I'm not mistaken (I think it first showed up in Hoenn) didn't GSC introduce running?

Hoenn comes in third because theres just to many things like natures and iv/ev whatever.

You mean Johto comes in second, right?

For me Johto. Johto was in my opinion, the height of the Pokemon games. The games were really polished (for a GBA ofcourse) and that really made the game enjoyable. Silver was my first Pokemon game ever, so I suppose I have some bias towards this generation as a result. But honestly, Day and Night was INCREDIBLE. It really put a nice atmosphere into an already wonderful game.
Don't get me wrong. For the most part Houenn was quite enjoyable. The only gripe I had with it was the fact that the simple fomula of 8 badges and catching all the Pokemon was getting just a little old by this time. (look at the reviews of the game on gamespot compared to the original RBY) D/P should breathe some new life into the series with wifi, so hopefully that will restore the Pokemon name.

Twitch

;227; Isn't best an opinion? I might think that GSC was best, and someone else might think RSE/RBYG/FRLG is the best. So technically it's a duplicate. Therefore it should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.