• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

Which Generation Did You Like the Most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

before this thread is closed/deleted, id like to say that my favorite gen. is also gsc 'cause it was the longest one with 16 badges, it also added many new things to the series like breeding, hold items, etc

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Johto. I really liked the feel of that region, and Day and Night were neat. Plus it made several improvments of what RBY started. Psychic was no longer the supreme type thanks to Dark and Steel being introduced, there were finally GOOD Dragon type attacks, splitting Special into SATK and SDEF was sorely needed, and where would we be without breeding?

The only downside to Johto is how horrible it was in the anime. D:

Third Gen. is the best. End of, IMO =/

I like the Second Gen. best, though. The landmarks and creative Pokémon just drew me in like a Dustox to a Magmar's tail :)

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

First Gen.

C

cloud_nine

although I enjoy both the 2nd and 3rd generation. R/S/E wins because it didn't contain Kanto

liger said:
although I enjoy both the 2nd and 3rd generation. R/S/E wins because it didn't contain Kanto

LMFAO that has to be the best post in this entire Thread XDDDDD

Anyway, I'd like to say why I think Hoenn is best. To be blunt, it's because of creativity. Pokémon, characters, landscape: all of them just overflow with creativity and actual effort.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
I knew you would be here CB! And I would have to agree with you. The Hoenn region has just more variety in everything like the Pokemon and the landscape. The Kanto Region is a little too plain for me. Johto was an improvement but not compared to Hoenn, IMO.

First gen. Missingno. made me who I am today.....a glitch
hunter.

Dunsparce

I'm biased, so you can just all guess which was my favorite without even checking my other posts :)

In GSC has a dead Kanto 8D

IMO, a Dead Kanto is the only good Kanto ;)

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
The second generation spanked the other generations like little babies.

Maybe I'm a little biased (Silver was my first Pokemon game), but second generation is really the best. At times, RBY's gameplay is clunky and slow. Whereas RSE piles on too much all at once. And GSC introduced some of my all-time favorites. Wobbuffet, Gligar, Octillery, Sunflora, Flaaffy, Feraligatr, Quilava, Politoed, Porygon2, Sneasel, Qwilfish, and Quagsire!
There's no real bottlenecks in gameplay like in RBY or RSE. Everything flows.

S

Sendoh

GSC is truly the best generation in myopinion. I really loved the whole story, it showed the most innovation and the Pokemon on the region are cool. ^__^ Pluse you can go to Kanto...how cool is that?

Rufinito18

mE Entertainment
GSC is the best generation

- Time is priceless
- Pokemon avaliable at different times of the day : BRILLIANT
- Real evil rival: PERFECT
- A shiny connected to the story
- Odd egg
- Togepi
- Beginning of breeding
- Kanto AND jotho
- 16 gyms

GSC is the best

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I think G/S/C was the best. I liked the day/night and to me it seemed like it was more challenging. I thought it was pretty cool how you got 16 badges and did 2 regions instead of one.

G/S/C. For all the reasons people posted, and, the Money Saving System~~!!

Chilled2m7

WRX STi
The cities in GSC were incredibly well thought out and really had some character to them. Goldenrod really made me feel like I was in some huge city while ecrutek was legitimately creepy in some instances. I also loved the Ice path and everything associated with it.
and then, just when you thought you were all done with the game after the Elite 4, you've got to get ANOTHER 8 badges.. BRILLIANT. Yes I realize alot of things in Kanto were taken out.. But it was just a fun little extra.. all you Kanto purists got a REMAKE of your Fav region a few years later. No complaining allowed

E

Ethereal

In terms of:

Towns- Johto. Had more memorable places.

Pokemon- Hoenn. The most creative batch. The first generation was pretty good, too. The second generation was bull. Too many uncreative ones, and overall, the most boring bunch of Pokemon.

Replay- Johto and Hoenn. Lots to do everywhere. In R/B/Y, once you beat the E4 and got 151 measly Pokemon, there was nothing to do. D:

Overall, I liked Hoenn and Johto equally, with Kanto being up there, but not quite up to par. In terms of memories, Kanto is first, and then Johto.

Status
Not open for further replies.