• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation did you start playing first?

Which Generation did you start playing on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I started at I! I played Yellow first because I couldn't afford to get a GBC until it came out. I was so excited to have Pikachu following me though! I still remember the sheer exhilaration I felt when I watched that video, and at the end I got to hear Pikachu say its name.

And then...the little guy hated me!

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I started playing Pokemon back in the first generation, mostly with spin offs like Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium, however, my first main Pokemon game was Pokemon Crystal.

Even though i've basically been into the franchise since Gen. 1 (I was off of it from the middle of Johto until about halfway through DP) I didn't start actually playing the games with some actual understanding of the mechanics until generation 4. My first game I bought was SoulSilver.

When I first really got into playing the games the first game I actually played for a bit was Ruby, I think.

Khaoscontrol

Obsessor Collector
Does Leafgreen count as Gen 1? It is just a remake of the original. Or is it Gen 2?

gen 2 ftw :) good old times

Aegon

I started with Generation III, with LeafGreen. I still love it, as I have a fondness for the Gen III music. This brings back such memories, I was slightly annoyed when the HGSS Kanto Gym Leader didn't sound like the FRLG one.

Venomrec

Someone gave me a red version & i started with that & played every "version" since then.

joshsauce

The Law
Third version. God, how I loved my sapphire. If only I knew where I put it…

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Generation 3! Ruby! :)

Sadly, IMO gen 3 graphics were terrible. I liked generation 2 graphics better.

I WANT A RE-MAKE OF MY STARTER REGION:)

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I got FireRed for my birthday one year. I still remember my team:

Charzard LV86
Graveler LV27
Pidgey LV9
Beedrill LV11
Butterfree LV15
Zubat LV12

I was such a noob back then.

OPTICS

G1, Pokemon Blue, Day 1 of US release. Bought it at Toys R Us. Still have it to this day. With Plastic still on and in perfect condition.

Don't know why I opened it from the bottom though:
http://i52.*******.com/124hr9y.jpg

Last edited:

garchomp osfp

i started playing the gold version (generation 2) and i played yellow later (generation 1) :p for me gold was one of the best games!!! :-D

AZX612

On my own here we go
Well, I started playing in (Early) Generation 3, but it was Christmas and my Parents had gotten me Fire Red and Sapphire, so I didnt miss out much on Kanto. I later obtained Gold from an older cousing which is when I found out about Johto.

AzaleaSilver

I got Yellow and Silver for Christmas with a GBC when I was a kid. So I really grew up as a Gen 2 kid because Silver was my favorite. The only pokemon (Typhlosion) that I ever got to level 100 without cheating was on that game! I loved it.

bones090

< brav man i is sick
Generation 1 Pokemon Red. I played Green before that but, being in Japanese, it was difficult to understand.