• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation did you start playing first?

Which Generation did you start playing on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NicSmitty

1st generation for sure. Still, second generation with being able to go to Johto and Kanto made it the best game ever.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
I started playing many moons ago when the main colours you saw in the game was either red or blue. you guessed it Gen I a game so great and full of surprises. it even surprised gamefreak when we discovered Missingno. lol good times

Meowth City

Staff member
First Gen. I was a huge fan of the anime at the time around 1998 or 1999. My dad got me Yellow (probably cuz he recognised Pikachu on the box). I love it so much that I brought Silver then Red with the money I saved up for years. Aww I miss being a kid.

dudemewcanfly

Mew Master
Gen 1

I started way back in gen 1......Im one of the kids who has grown up with pokemon and will probly never quit playing..........

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My first game that I bought was Yellow but the first game that I played was my friends Red version when I went over to their house one time in like the summer of 1999. I've been playing the games ever since.

quilava99

Derpity herp a derp
Generation 3, Sapphire was my first Pokemon Game, and Mudkip was my first Pokemon.

knetz07

The Forsaken
Gen 1 with Pokemon Yellow! :)

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
I went:-

-Gen I
-Gen II
-Gen I
-Gen IV
-Gen III
-Gen IV
-Gen V

Weird I know.

Technically 4th Gen (feel like such a noob) but I was interested in the show in my years of growning up. I bought sapphire a week after I bought diamond, and was orginally going to buy it first (after I found out that GBA games worked on DS) but then Diamond came out so I bought that instead. So really 3rd gen....or 4th Gen. Whichever way you see it.

EDIT: Just saw when 1st Gen came out. Dude, have you ever seen a baby in a womb play pokemon?

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
One question. Did someone made another "What gen. did you start playing" thread?
Because I remember posting in one. And I don't have any posts here.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
I started with Diamond so Gen IV.
But I watched the anime befor that, battle frontier, and now, im playing Emerald.

DarkEmerl123

Railgun~
I started with Generation 1. I 'borrowed' Pokemon Yellow from my older brother when I was six.
But if it only includes games that were actually mine, I started with Generation 4.

Kalosian

So long
First generation, way back in the time when I was a kid. After that I have played games from all other generations in the order they were released.