• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation did you start playing first?

Which Generation did you start playing on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lugia100

Like a boss!
Gen 4 with Diamond Version. Got it shortly after I got my DS. We have all the generations in out house though but I never played them.

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Not only was my first pokemon game Red when I was 4 (maybe, anywhere from 4-6), but it was also my first-ever video game as well! I've been trying to catch them all from my wee li'l days. :p

~Starlight~

Cold Inside
Generation 1 with Pokémon Red.
I still remember when I first got it. I still have it to this day too. =)

trfan

The 'Weird' One
Generation 1, even though it was about the time Gen 2 had just come out, I didn't really know the difference back then. I absolutely loved it and thought it was the most magical amazing adventure in the whole world, Crystal was probably the game I've had the most fun with in my life :D

Nice to see some new fans coming in with this generation :)

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Generation III. I wanted a GameCube for my 7th birthday, so my dad bought me the one that came bundled with Pokemon XD. I didn't play it much though. I didn't really get into Pokemon until my cousins convnced me to get Diamond about 4, 5 years later.

GalacticMagmortar

Aspiring Author
Generation One.

I got Yellow as a Christmas Present from one of my older friends when I was like in First Grade. :D
I still have it, though I like to restart the game to experience the game over and over. :)

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Generation I for me. I was a little late to the party, though. I got Red in late summer of 1999 (right before 5th grade).

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I started with sapphire for christmas whle my dad got ruby! :)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I first got Pokemon Ruby when I was sick and stayed home from school. My mom got me the game to cheer me up, and ever since then I've been hooked!

Evandamonster

Poke Philosopher
When I was 7 or 8 My mom bought me a Red Version and a Green Gameboy Color.

I spent 30 minutes trying to get out of the first house, didn't know rugs were doors =D

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
I started with Gen I.
I remember getting the games for Christmas when I was like, six.
I still have them ;)