• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation did you start playing first?

Which Generation did you start playing on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
Gen 1...youngsters...

Sea Swampert

being piratey
Generation 1 way back when it first arrived in the UK. Got Blue the day it came out!! I'd been waiting many months for it, absorbing all information I could like a giant pokemeba!! Those were the days

charizard098

Awesome Trainer
I liked pokemon from gen 1 but didn't start playing til gen 4. Remember that Charizard powns any pokemon.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I played Pokemon long before this, but I became a serious trainer when generation 3 came out. So other than pokemon stadium, I started with Pokemon Sapphire. Still have it, too.

Shankninja

Mew Enthusiast
I played Pokemon long before this, but I became a serious trainer when generation 3 came out. So other than pokemon stadium, I started with Pokemon Sapphire. Still have it, too.

This
I was a couple years old when Gen 1 came out.
Never got Gen 2 Games
Gen 3 is where I actually put a chunk of my life into.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I've been around from the very beginning. And I won't be going away anytime soon!

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I started by playing Generation 1, of my own games.
A friend let me play his pokemon pearl before I got into the games.

Riversong

Buggy down.
When I was 7 or so, I got a pink gameboy color with Gold. So that was my first pokemon game (or video game in general).

Before that I was into pokemon too, thanks to my older brother that had a Gen I game, cards, etc.

PokeBrian

First Gen
Generation One! Whoo. I remember my dad's company used to give out gift certificates at Christmas for kids, and it was the first thing I bought with money. Ah the memories... Wait. Crap. I'm old D:

my first pokemon game is yellow
i still have it still
never beat Brock though

Aquarelle

Staff member
Well, I became a Pokemon fan during Generation 1 because of the anime, but Gold version was my first game. So, kinda both Generation 1 and 2? (Because I played with Pokemon cards and toys during the first generation).

PferdloverX3

Spirit of the Desert
Gen. II

Generation II my daddy bought me silver, I've been playing ever since first pokemon was chickorita

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Gen 3. I watched a lot of Pokemon reruns when they came on TV. It was almost all from the first season, so I was pretty surprised with all these foreign Pokemon from Ruby.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Gen III, still my fav to this day. With Gen V second.

Ironicly I had Ruby, but my favorite from that Gen is Kyogre.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I started in Gen II, the backtracked a little and played Blue and Yellow, then was in the thick of it for generation III.