• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Generation is Better?

pkmn Trainer Ruby

NAME CHANGE PLZ!
Which Generation do you perfer:

1st Gen(Red Blue Green Yellow)

2nd Gen(Gold Silver Crystal)

3rd Gen(Ruby Sapphire Emerald)

4th Gen(Diamond Pearl)

My personal fave is EMERALD, the 3rd gen

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
I personally like the third generation.

stu770

Soul Trainer
I really liked the second generation because you get to go back to a previous region.

Highor

I like third generation, because you have the remakes and yet another new region. And R/S/E/FR/LG brought to us the best graphics upgrade, since G/S/C is just painting the old ones, and D/P seems to me a bigger R/S/E/FR/LG only.

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ
I personally prefer Pokemon from all of the generations except for Pokemon D/P,To me the Pokemon started looking a bit weird and more based on aliens then mythical creatures or animals...If I had to choose just one I would choose the 3 Gen though.

Kanto! Awesome, just awesome, with Blastoise, Mewtwo, and Magmar. Don't forget Missingno.! Can't forget Missingno.

EmeraldLeafBlade

Generation four, defiantly. The games are the best in my opinion. You could go to Kanto in gen 2, but it was way too easy. There's also a wi-fi in D/P, which gives playing after the E4 an actual point.

;492;~EmeraldLeafBlade~:172bros:

ironknight42

2nd gen just for old times sake and the 4th gen wasn't bad at all

I kinda like them all. But I think I like the 1st and the 2nd the most.
Well I started with blue so the 1st has always been there. And the 2nd was in the golden age when things improved a lot.

2nd gen for Johto AND Kanto, and also Meganium.

3rd gen isn't bad either, with FRLG. I'm nota big fan of Hoenn, though. And I'm not a giant Gen 4 fan because I don't have a DS anyway and it makes me jealous...*sob*

trapezechimpanz

It depends on how you are looking at it. From a graphics and gameplay point of view - it would be either Fourth Generation, or Third Generation. If you are looking at originality, and design First Generation and Second Generation win.

In my opinion, First Generation is the best. It was original had a nice story, and all the Pokemon in it were spectacular - a lot of my favorites come from there. Second Generation is my all time favorite of the games, but First wins in "best" due the fact of it being amazing all around.

RagTag

Shroomin'
2nd gen hands down

Oh yeah, also look at the rivals in each game, in 1st and 2nd, you didn't have those namby pamby rivals you get now. Though our red haired friend from G/S/C didn't keep his personality all the way, he could still be considered mostly a bad person. Gary (Gen. 1) was just sadistic, there were no lessons learned just a guy who wants to beat and make fun of you. He made jokes about death in a graveyard! A GRAVEYARD! Thats how your rival should be not some goody two shoes who gives gifts! I want the sadisticness!

Sprock

probably the 1st gen, though the 4th gen was pretty close to matching it.

2nd gen was the worst imo quality-wise. johto was a boring region, and kanto was totally watered down. I take quality over quantity, thank you.