• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Gym Leader Should join or rejoin the group

Which Gym leader should join or rejoin the group

• Misty

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Flannery

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Brawley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Blaine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clair

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Janine

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Koga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other Gym leader Boy....

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Some other Gym Leader Girl.....

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
Why would any of those gym leaders decide to join the group? The only one who seems to make some sense up there is Misty, and I don't think she's coming back permanently anyway.

If one of them HAD to... I dunno. <_<

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How about none of them?

Why would a Gym leader want to tag along with Ash? Most Gym leaders are older teens or in their 20's anyway, what are they going to follow a 14 year old kid around for?

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I would have loved it if Brawly joined. XD Then that means more Brawly for me <33 'cept he'd probably get annoying fangirls like everyone who joins the group does. x___x

P

PWDDragon

I think Lucy should come along. She's tall, hot, and has awesome poke's!

E

Ethereal

CyberCubed said:
How about none of them?

Why would a Gym leader want to tag along with Ash? Most Gym leaders are older teens or in their 20's anyway, what are they going to follow a 14 year old kid around for?
You make Brock weep.

Anywho, none of them should join. I could see one of the D/P Gym Leaders joining the clan in the future to replace Brock. I say that, because Brock SERIOUSLY needs to go now. Though, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, what with his new [SPOIL]Bonsly[/SPOIL] around to promote D/P. --;

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I still say it was stupid idea to have gym leaders joining the main cast in the first place. Out of 8 gym leaders (in the first games, at least), you gotta single out all of them for just the first two. And what does that accomplish? Nothing but the gradual decay of their characters, I mean, look at poor Takeshi right now. Several agree that joining up with Satoshi was the worst mistake he ever made. If the writers really wanted a party to tag along with Satoshi, they probably should've made their own, original characters rather than destroying the game characters (Satoshi doesn't really count, he was based off the player avatar from the first games, and as you know, the main character in the games is supposed to fill some "you're in their shoes" role, thus not having any set personality or background), thus leaving the gym leaders where they belong (ironically enough, Kasumi ended up going back to her gym, and she's arguably developed her character more in a few months and some Housou specials of being there than in all the years and 250+ episodes she was travelling with Satoshi).

But what do I know? I pesonally, don't see a reason for a party in the first place, at least not until Haruka (Satoshi becoming a mentor was an interesting step for him. Besides, Haruka makes the anime a touch less boring by providing a second storyline and showcasing a new gameplay concept... don't know what to say about Masato, though). It's not as though Satoshi would become some schizophrenic who talks to his Pokemon all day. Besides, he makes several friends as is in the form of weekly filler characters. I say it would've been for the better if he was just a loner throughout Kantou and Jouto.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Here's an idea. We could have had a show be about being gym leader. The Misty specials were awsome and everyday trainers of all walks of life come to the gyms for battles. And other stuff happens as well. You could make a manga or an anime about that. If you want to see gym leaders on a regular basis, why not try that.

Yamato-san, you stole my line from the trainers forum thread. Yes, Brock is in a pit. He was cold, threatening, and down right dangerous in the episode they show cased him. Now look at him. They've destroyed them. It's like they fired the writers have the first Cerulean City episode and turned him into a skirt chaser who can cook.

Misty was worse. She off as a girl with an attitude problem but once they brought that evil, loathsom, vile egg into her life, she turned into a shelf. Even now [SPOIL]she has Azurill in its place[/SPOIL]. I mean, did the writers thing, what's the best way could destroy these characters?

Then far more interesting gym leaders were given the shaft. Surge, Erika, and Koga were given a grand total of one episode in Kanto. The was true for Faulkner, Bugsy, and Chuck in Johto.

This is an intentionally flawed poll. The person who posted it likely has insane fantasies about Misty and is one of the few people still saying the she might come back. Thus, the poll was created to find more like-minded people.
I think Gym Leaders should not travel with Ash at all.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The Big Al said:
Here's an idea. We could have had a show be about being gym leader. The Misty specials were awsome and everyday trainers of all walks of life come to the gyms for battles. And other stuff happens as well. You could make a manga or an anime about that. If you want to see gym leaders on a regular basis, why not try that.

Don't you know nothing? The purpose of the anime is to showcase the games, to some extent, as well as the monsters you're capable of playing with. Now, if they released an installment to the series that's a gym leader simulation (I could actually picture it... you stay at the gym, but go out and train your own Pokemon and other tasks in some kind of Harvest Moonesque scenario, and you battle trainers that are meant to win against you, and if you lose, you're graded based on your performance). Although, I don't think a manga would be too hard to picture.... I mean, what does Pipipi Adventures or Pokemon Getto Daze have anything to do with the actual games?

The Big Al said:
Yamato-san, you stole my line from the trainers forum thread. Yes, Brock is in a pit. He was cold, threatening, and down right dangerous in the episode they show cased him. Now look at him. They've destroyed them. It's like they fired the writers have the first Cerulean City episode and turned him into a skirt chaser who can cook.

You noticed... but really, that "joining Satoshi was the worst mistake he ever made" line was on the top of my head. I recalled hearing it somewhere before very recently, but didn't quite remember where. Thanks for the reminder.

The Big Al said:
Then far more interesting gym leaders were given the shaft. Surge, Erika, and Koga were given a grand total of one episode in Kanto. The was true for Faulkner, Bugsy, and Chuck in Johto.

Not to mention being shoved into about 5 minutes in your own episode due to being overshadowed by an original, somewhat crappy, anime character, whom also ends up seemingly replacing another gym leader's (Anzu) existance completely.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
I think Japanese icon Godzilla should join the group. Naturally this is an insane fantasy, but I wonder - does it make the poll flawed?

Nah, the real problem is the already-established Misty fanbase, which seems to have a mental block on the infamous Boring Jhoto Misty who had no personality and was the most recent incarnation.

Don't take things so seriously, peeps... :(

While I agree with the fact that having any GYM Leader joining the group would end up with the character of such Leader dying, I do think it'd be a rather cool thing. They wouldn't join forever. Just for a while until they complete something they wanted to, or something... a rather refreshing change from the formulaic fillers.

That aside, Whitney plz. She'd join the group for a while looking for a rare Normal Pokémon somewhere far away. They cross the beach at some point... :D

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Sabrina was really hard so her.