• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is a better Hoenn?

Which is a better Hoenn?

• OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Emerald Version

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuyamon

Slight grapical updates won't be the reason why someone would play ruby & sapphire over emerald
I never said they were. The person I quoted said that Ruby and Sapphire are identical to Emerald and I pointed out that they're not because even if you ignore the most obvious differences like the Battle Frontier and Rayquaza's bigger role in Emerald the overworld graphics are also a little different between games.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I'm going to go with ORAS for now, but since I haven't finished Emerald yet my opinion might change.

Zero1999

As a kid I used to play a lot the Hoenn games, mainly gen 3 in the GBA era, it is one of my favorite regions of all time and the reason i would choose Emerald over ORAS is mostly the mystery the game gave me first playing it. Puzzles like the Regis were things that surprised me and gave me a feeling of adventure and joy, these legendaries were for the most part hidden away and you had to work your way to get them.

Some of the locations caught my attention, most notably Faraway Island and Southern Island, two locations that i know most of us or never got to experience because the requirement were ridiculous and required extra stuff, as a child I began to wonder on the Pokenav "Huh," I do wonder what this lonely island is", now thanks to emulation I can explore these locations that wouldn't have been possible and i got to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere they brought thanks to the soundtrack and how remote the places were, it's one of the reasons why I liked Emerald, the feeling of discovery and loneliness.

And let's not forget the Battle Frontier, despite the really crazy outcomes i've got in this place, i had my fair share of fun, most notably playing a whole summer trying to get all the gold symbols (even though i managed to just get all 7 seven in silver and 1 gold, someday i swear i'll try again), oh and the glitches are kinda fun (cloning).

TL;DR: Mostly it's the nostalgia factor but how vast and mysterious Hoenn in 3rd gen was and the places of interest the game had made me love the GBA games

Like, yeah. ORAS probably wasn't as good as Emerald.

But game consoles don't last forever, the last console that played GBA games was the DS back in 2004(?) and pirating is still illegal. I wouldn't want to deprive kids of the chance to experience a version of Pokemon Ruby today. It was my first game and an amazing experience. I'm sure ORAS was equally as amazing for them the first time. :) So I'm super glad they were remade!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
ORAS because while there is no Battle Frontier, you get to see the actual scale of the towns and cities and the ones that seemed so tiny now feel like an actual place. Soaring was amazing and seeing Mauville City turned into a giant building was a very interesting concept and I like how they managed to space everything out and not make it feel so cramped inside and Sea Mauville actually gave a better explanation why there was a ship abandoned in the middle of the ocean.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For me it’s ORAS. I see ORAS Hoenn as a near perfect improvement from the original. The only thing I could see Emerald having over them is the Battle Frontier but I don’t think it’s all that and would take ORAS’s post game over it. For the way people hate ORAS I expected Emerald to have much more than it actually had

ckd89

I'd prefer emerald too, because 1. graphics 2. battle frontier 3. sound and music 4. story 5. I wish for gamefreak to listen to the emerald fans and remake it for a new generation of fans I'd call it ultra emerald

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Emerald's Hoenn is better because there's more stuff to do than in Ruby and Sapphire. I was going to pick ORAS's Hoenn but on second thought I didn't like how the Abandoned Ship and Mauville City got changed. :(

Espeonite

Would u rather it stayed a generic plain Pokemon village with 4 buildings ? o.o
Why? hehe
Mauville's concept was so unique and interesting. It was also huge and had lots of places to explore

I prefered the old layout, I didn't like the closed up mauville.

Status
Not open for further replies.