• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is Better? Ho-oh Or Lugia?

Ho-oh or Lugia?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 182 34.7%
  • Lugia

Votes: 343 65.3%

• Total voters

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
lugia. lugia is cooler and has better defences then ho-oh. it says ho-oh is the rainbow pokemon, but it's only red, yellow, white, and green i believe. i have SS but ive never has silver. ive had gold, but ive never had HG.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Lugia vs. Ho-oh = Close Lugia.
I have had an affinity for water types and thus I feel obliged to like Lugia a bit more than Ho-Oh. Plus I did pick Silver version over Gold.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Lugia is so much cooler.

Saga

Beginning Trainer
I dislike both, but will choose Lugia here on the grounds of originality. We already have a lengendary Fire bird, that was Moltres... now another? Also, it looks ugly.

Lugia isn't perfect, but up until now we didn't have a Psychic bird, so... takes my vote.

Zepton

I always loved Lugia. I had Gold as a kid, but my best friend had Silver and I always envied him. Lugia is so cool. That's the main reason why I chose Soul Silver over Heart Gold (even though both are available in either game).

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
I like Lugia better ever since I've seen him in the Pokemon 2000 Movie, but also because he lives in water and uses his psychic powers to make huge water-swirling-towers...things

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Lugia in most ways..... cool looking and much higher defenses and speed than Hooh.... hooh is pretty cool too

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
I like Lugia better because there's a Happy Tree Friends OC named Lugee the Lugia. He doesn't belong to me, but he belongs to Silverado-1500-lugee. I totally loved his OC. My pokemon-based HTF OCs are Cody and Raymond, who are Crimgan and Shibirudon respectively.

Lugia is personally one of my favorites. He is a great wall which makes him pretty difficult to tackle, but Ho-Oh is great offensively so he has so good benefits too. Personal preference I guess

M1SDREAVUS

Shiny Addict
I've always preferred Ho-oh over Lugia both in terms of battling and aesthetics.

Lugia just looks better to me.
He's not even one of my favorite Pokemon, but I like him.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Lugia is my 3ed favorite pokemon. just the way it looks gives you that its a strong pokemon. Ho-ho just looks like a giant angry rooster. All the glitters aren't gold.

Last edited:

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
Aaaaack...this is a hard choice. I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!!! I like them both, but I'll go with Lugia, since he can beat Ho-Oh with his Hydro Pump.