1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

which is better? tangrowth or ryperior

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Black Hawk, Jun 18, 2007.

?

which is better? ryperior or tangrowth?

1. ryperior

27 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. tangrowth

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Black Hawk

Black Hawk ready to strike

me and my friend have been arguing about this for a while. i guess this is the best way to sort it out.
    btw, i am the one that thinks ryperior is better, he is the noob that thinks otherwise lol!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. Sphyxius

Sphyxius Well-Known Member

i actually think that Tangrowth is better, just because it doesn't have 2 x4 weaknesses lol :p
    Tangrowth is actually the best non-legendary Grass type in the game stats-wise... it outdoes all the Grass starters as well. so your friend isn't really a noob for thinking that -_-
    Rhyperior is still good though, and its ability is awesome... i just like Tangrowth better :p i always go for the one that hasn't been hyped to death.

3. ztarmie11

ztarmie11 Jewlery is heavy...

i like tangrowth better i thnk grass types are vastly underrated.

4. THE_MEWTILATOR

THE_MEWTILATOR Master-in-Training.

I picked tangrowth. Both Tangrowth and Rhyperior were going to be in my Trick Room-based inverted speed team but Rhyperior was replaced with Rampardos.

5. THE_MEWTILATOR

I picked tangrowth. Both Tangrowth and Rhyperior were going to be in my Trick Room-based inverted speed team but Rhyperior was replaced with Rampardos.

6. THE_MEWTILATOR

7. THE_MEWTILATOR

8. Asaspades

Asaspades Evil Monkey!!!

I would pick rhyperior hands down cause of its super efffective counter trait and it is all around more practicle cause it can be an attack sweeper or defensive wall.

9. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Tangrowth ftw.

10. Ho-oh Master

Ho-oh Master Well-Known Member

I picked Rhyperior.

11. Hitmonseth

Hitmonseth Bad Egg Seth

Rhyperior is so dang ugly...

Tangrowth is very good. plus 2 x4 weaknesses for Rhyperior..

12. Eclipse

Eclipse I AM GONE.

That Rhydon... thing.....

Tangrowth it a grass type, which I generally don't like.

13. !!!Serebii Lover!!!

!!!Serebii Lover!!! Weavile/Serebii Love

Well I haven't got any experionce with either of them but I like the looks of tangrowth better so thats what I am going with!

14. Silver Eclipse

Silver Eclipse <God of All Creation

Tangrowth [duh] ;465;

15. FuzzyFriend

FuzzyFriend Aloha-oh

I voted Tangrowth, because it looks so warm and fuzzy... and with the vines, it can attack.

16. FuzzyFriend

FuzzyFriend Aloha-oh

I voted Tangrowth, because it looks so warm and fuzzy... and with the vines, it can attack.

17. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Tangrowth can definitely be a defensive wall too, thanks to its 125 Defense. And thanks to its 100 Attack and 110 Special Attack, Tangrowth can hit hard no matter if it's physical or special.

I would still consider Rhyperior the superior Pokémon, but both are very good Pokémon to use. Perhaps you can use Rhyperior, and your friend can use Tangrowth...just don't pit them agaist each other, because Tangrowth has the type advantage.

18. Shadow Warrior

Shadow Warrior Aah!! welcome Lunch

Rhyperior is a lot stronger.

19. Shadow Warrior

Shadow Warrior Aah!! welcome Lunch

Rhyperior is a lot stronger.

20. BIGnSCARY

BIGnSCARY Gargantuan tongue

Tangrowth. All-rounded stats, except speed, of course.

Rhyperior may have the ability that cuts its weakness, but it's Sp.Def is damn pathetic, so i think it will be easily down with STAB (maybe, i dont noe) surf.