• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Is Better?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Okay, this question will answer in my favor considering where I am.

My brother and I are having a stupid argument over whether Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! is better. Frankly, the comparison isn't worth it, because obviously Pokemon has way more fans.

I am posting this thread to ask you people your opinion. Which is better?

My vote: Pokemon forever!

Desi Pikachu

Mr Rager
I do not think there is a competition. This forum is based of of mostly pokemon fans.
My vote Pokemon

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
exactly why i put it here :)

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Had a better storyline in the anime than Pokemon has so far, for the most part.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Card game is, IMO, better than the Pokemon TCG.

Pokemon wins in everything else though, especially in the video games department.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
I love 'em both! Yugioh because of Marik Ishtar (and his split personality).
Pokemon because it's actually a big part of my life. I can't imagine my life without pokemon, but I can't imagine it without Marik either. <3

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I love 'em both! Yugioh because of Marik Ishtar (and his split personality).
Pokemon because it's actually a big part of my life. I can't imagine my life without pokemon, but I can't imagine it without Marik either. <3
Bakura and Yugi have split personalities, too O_O

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Yugioh's card game is better than Pokemon TCG but aside from that, Pokemon wins! :)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
You're asking on a Pokemon fan forum if Pokemon is better than Yu-Gi-Oh?

...why don't you go ask this on a Yu-Gi-Oh forum and see what answers you get.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Wrong forum :p

Well...*ahem*...you don't expect me to say Yu-Gi-Oh's better, do you now?

Oh, Pokemon TCG is awesome BTW.

White Wizard

Hundred acre Woods
You're asking on a Pokemon fan forum if Pokemon is better than Yu-Gi-Oh?

...why don't you go ask this on a Yu-Gi-Oh forum and see what answers you get.

i really get wat your saying :) but he has gotten some yu gi oh, and its the thought that counts

White Wizard

Hundred acre Woods
Yu-Gi-Oh! Had a better storyline in the anime than Pokemon has so far, for the most part.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Card game is, IMO, better than the Pokemon TCG.

Pokemon wins in everything else though, especially in the video games department.

not really its mostly about evil crap!

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
^^Evil crap what??

I know absolutely nothing about Yu-gi-oh, so of course I'm going to be biased and say Pokemon is better! :D

No. 1 Machop Fan

Pokemon. The creatures are cuter and awesomer.

Kojinka

An Inside Joke
They both have their unique charms that I like, but my preference is blatantly obvious. I like YGO, but I was never obsessed with it the way I was with Pokemon.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Yugioh - better anime, better characters, better story

Pokemon - Better video games, strangely enough I like more pokemon designs than I do Yugioh Monsters.

I like both card games equally the same. Yugioh I only liked the first series, pokemon I liked all 4 anime gens. I give a slight edge to pokemon here overall.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Gee-whiz, I wonder what answer you'd get here?

I liked the original YGO series. (Mostly because I had a crush on Weevil Underwood. Yeah, go on, laugh. I don't give a rat's ***.) Once the series turned into a ****in' school for a silly card game, that's when I had to stop watching. (Really? A school for a card game? That'll get you working at the finest factory in the nation!) Now I hear tell that it has grown men speeding about on their motor-cycles playing a game meant for Middle-school boys. Now I've heard it all. Silliness. Complete and utter silliness. Moreso than Camelot, even. (and we shant go there again.)

Yeah, the Pokémon anime annoys the holy hell out of me, but the games are epic, and quite addictive. (I've stayed up until 10 in the freakin' morning doin' the Pokeathelon)

The designs of Pokemon seem to be made to appeal to people of all ages, whereas, to me, the monsters of YGO seem to appeal to middle schoolers and high schoolers. Not really for the older folks. And the YGO games aren't nearly as good.

I don't care either way on the card games, as I play MTG.

Plus, in the world of "Pokemon" the pokes are real and alive, not some ink on a peice of card board. (That only appear through holograms and such, as with the duel disks...)

So, a resounding "POKEMON" from me.

~Nemmeh ;107;