• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is the best novel/book you've ever read?

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

Hello there people!.I'm pretty sure everyone has read bokks or novels at some point in their lives. Which one?,how good was it?.tell us about it.
ill tell mine in a minute or so I've read so many that i can't choose which one was good.give a top 5 list if you want to too.

hieutau

I think that there is no the best novel or book , should only have the most suitable or meaningful books that we have ever read.

Ioneos

old geezer
I'm a fan of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. While he's somewhat of a pretentious, grandpa-who-hates-technology kinda guy by today's standards, his novel was an eerily accurate prediction of the future of western society. I'm always blown back by the fact that Huxley wrote that novel in the 1930's. His "Brave New World Revisited" is also a great read as well.

Navin

MALDREAD
So many great books.

Lord of the Rings, Dune, Watership Down, A Storm of Sword (ASOIAF B3), Blood Meridian, Crime and Punishment, Fahrenheit 451

Zora

perpetually tired
Do the Feynman Lectures count? They're a textbook in a way--or rather, three volumes thereof.

It's difficult for me to name one book, since I read non-fiction almost exclusively and on one book stands above the rest.

TheEliteEmpoleon

The most recent novel that I read that I really liked was Sophie's World. I'd recommend it to anyone who is mildly interested in philosophy, or just wants an interesting read.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Deltora Quest was by far my favorite fantasy novel series. It even ended up getting an anime which I have yet to watch :D Although at 22 years old, it's pretty easy to read as it's geared towards maybe junior high kids? But love it nonetheless.
Harry Potter was my second.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Deltora Quest was by far my favorite fantasy novel series. It even ended up getting an anime which I have yet to watch :D Although at 22 years old, it's pretty easy to read as it's geared towards maybe junior high kids? But love it nonetheless.
Harry Potter was my second.

Dude! I used to catch Deltora Quest episodes every time I came home from school! I actually watched it all, but missed the very last episode of it because the bus was late :c Never got around to watch that final episode....

Alright my favorite books to read that I considered great reads have been of course Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Quite a few from Mary Higgins Clark most notably Daddy's Little Girl and Two Little Girls in Blue. There's also Hold Tight by Harlan Coben, which is the only book I've read of him, but I really enjoyed it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Dude! I used to catch Deltora Quest episodes every time I came home from school! I actually watched it all, but missed the very last episode of it because the bus was late :c Never got around to watch that final episode....

Alright my favorite books to read that I considered great reads have been of course Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Quite a few from Mary Higgins Clark most notably Daddy's Little Girl and Two Little Girls in Blue. There's also Hold Tight by Harlan Coben, which is the only book I've read of him, but I really enjoyed it.

wow I never knew the anime was actually on tv! thats so cool :p you should definitely read the books as their quick interesting reads :)
haha now Im definitely gonna binge this show again!

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

Ok ,i tried to assess which one was the best but....
Darn! all of them were good
Here it goes
halo,the clifton chronicles, percy jackson and an entire plethora more including the classics (oliver twist........).

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I'll admit that while I read a lot, I'm not very widely read. I tend to get hooked on series I really like and read everything connected to them.

However, one book I read (not realising it was a series) that really stuck with me for a long time was Inkheart. It's a shame they made an awful, awful film that ruined its good name :(

My Favourite series would be:
The Edge Chronicles
Harry Potter
His Dark Materials
Discworld
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Old Kingdom
Artemis Fowl
The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness
Though I'll say "not necessarily in that order" because it tends to change based on which one I'm re-obsessing over at any given time. :p

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I don't stray too far away from comics that often. My favorite piece of fiction is Daytripper by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba. Usagi Yojimbo is another favorite.
I also read a lot of theoretical, feminist pieces when I was in grad school.
Actual novels outside of those two things include: Lord of the Rings, Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Girl Who Would Be King, and a few others.
My favorite poet is William Carlos Williams.

kanrasan

Harry Potter definitely. Those books hold a special place in my heart.

Those would have to be:

- Lord of the Rings
- Harry Potter
- A Song Of Ice and Fire

In no particular order

I think ASOIAF is the only oneof those three book series I could order them from which I liked the best to which one I liked the least:

That would be:

1.) A Game Of Thrones
2.) A Dance With Dragons
3.) A Storm of Swords/Clash Of Kings (< not sure which of these two I liked better...)
4.) A Feast For Crows