• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is the most definitive main series game?

Most definitive main series game

• Total voters

Halolady

walking on eggshells
Which main series game do you think is good in most, if not all, categories? (As in good Pokemon, region design, storyline, characters, music stc.)?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
BW2. It set the standard. Maybe the story was slightly weaker than BW, but they added Pokémon from other regions, and made sure the story wasn't linear at all. Not to mention, the added difficulty options, and most importantly the awesome post game with PWT and remixed music.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
BW2. It set the standard. Maybe the story was slightly weaker than BW, but they added Pokémon from other regions, and made sure the story wasn't linear at all. Not to mention, the added difficulty options, and most importantly the awesome post game with PWT and remixed music.

^Pretty much this.

I said BW. It could just be some kind of bias due to how it impacted me, but I just love the region, the Pokemon, the music (I even prefer most of them to the remixed BW2 versions) and especially the plot and characters. The pixellated/3D Cross of the graphics also looked gorgeous, at least to me. I get that this may be an unpopular opinion, but I just can't help but love everything about BW.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Undoubtedly BW2. My favourite game. It was great in that it progressed onto a previous storyline, bringing back old characters and having references to the prequel. It was great in that it showed what happened after such an intricate plot.
Then there was the amazing music and the settings, many of which I think were better than many places we see in Alola. A wide range of decent pokemon were introduced, including the first Pokémon fusion in the form of White/Black Kyurem.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oddly, you have nothing here prior to Gen 3.

Gen 2 is, to me at least, the definitive generation. Gold & Silver set the stage for what Pokémon is now. It corrected the mistakes of Gen 1, and from then onwards, we move according to the premise of Gen 2.

Even the gym theme keeps to the arrangement introduced in Gen 2. I know a lot of people hail Gen 1 as the greatest of all, but in truth, Gen 2 is the true foundation of the series.

gentwoer

Gen 2. The Pokemon finally look like they're suppose to. Most/if not at all of gen 1's worst mechanics have been fixed, friendship and happiness levels finally makes the "The love you have for your Pokemon" talk more than empty words. Gen 2 remains to date the only gen where I actively care to play the post-game

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Most definitely Platinum. It's the only game that I can't find some kind of significant flaw in. It had a good selection of Pokemon, good region design, a ton of content, and a reasonably good storyline.

BW2 is also close, but BW2's main flaw is regional design, thanks to every region since 5th gen being extremely linear. Were it not for that BW2 would easily win this but as is, Platinum gets the nod on this one.