• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is worse: Blindness or Deafness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I think surgery for an ear would be less painful and lasting than laser eye surgery, so, i'll stick to the former.

pokemaster001

oh, Arceus...I guess I'd have to go for deaf...but only because I use the computer so much
and video games....
honestly, I think losing any of my 14-or-more senses would be almost equally bad...

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Here, being blind would be sooo much worse to me.
Half the things I do require sight. To be honest sight is something I couldn't live without. It is crippling not being able to see.

Missingno.Fan

I would much rather be deaf than blind. At least when I am deaf I can still drive myself places and I can use the internet. I will miss out on music but I guess I could turn it up really loud and feel it.

ChedWick

You know, I'm up in the air about this one. At first I thought I'd prefer being deaf then I realized talking to myself or others would be extremely difficult. I can't put myself in the shoes of a deaf person and comprehend how communication would work. Being blind you can still hear and learn the language of the people around you and see the world and what it has to offer through your eyes but actually understanding it without a coherent language seems impossible to me at the moment. I know there is braille and sign language and many who read and use it but I'm one to talk a lot to myself in my head, work things out, postulate ideas and such. I also learn best through visual stimulation. So I really don't know about this one.

Spookz

Lumos
I guess I'd rather be deaf.

I need my sight more than hearing for my job, but it'd still suck. Of course I'll probably go blind eventually from looking into bright lights all the time, buuut I'll worry about that later.

Raynjer

Pirate
Had this conversation many times. I'd rather be deaf, blindness would just be so impractical (although I reckon you could get away with more for being blind than deaf :p )

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Blindness is worse, being deaf, I can still chat online and play video games, meanwhile, deaf, I have sign-language.
Edit: Rank-up!

PokemonTrainerKaden

Both but I would rather be deaf so I could still see all the hot chicks at my school.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
Definitely being blind. I could deal with being unable to hear, but being able to see is such a wonderful thing.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Being deaf is something anybody can get used to after a while, although I really love music and can't get to sleep at night without listening to my iPod. I'm sure there are ways of fixing deafness, like...an ear transplant?

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
I'd be deaf, I love books too much! (Yes, I know there is grail, but it wouldn't be the same!) Also, you could still play Pokemon and go on Serebii if you were deaf. If you were blind you couldn't do much, just sit around and playing music.... you wouldn't be able to ever see anyone you love again! Eventually you would forget what they looked like, it would be too sad!

TheMoonlitHawk

I am a Bird Hugger!
It'd be blindness for me, not being able to see would be bad while when your deaf, people can use signs to communicate with you.

Chai_Latte

bad b*tch, c*nt
eing normal. I wuldn't know about being deaf or blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.