• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which is your most favorite game character placed into the anime? *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Not counting Ash or Gym Leaders, what are your favorite characters from the game that were brought into the anime? I put this here for when characters like Cheren (he is a GL now, but since he didn't start off as one, I think he can be counted here) and N appear.

I really liked Barry and Bianca since I thought they added an interesting dynamic to the show. It was nice to see them represented and they weren't badly mangled characterization-wise.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Cilan. He's nothing like his game counterpart, but the new personality suits him very well, and he's hilarious.

Gary (if he counts), Giovanni, Professor Oak, Professor Juniper and Cedric Juniper. And I am sure I will like some of the Team Plasma members and N as well.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Gary (if he counts), Giovanni, Professor Oak, Professor Juniper and Cedric Juniper. And I am sure I will like some of the Team Plasma members and N as well.

lol, Gary. Oh Gary.

It's weird because I both like and dislike what they've done with Gary's arc. On one hand, he actually develops (offscreen, unfortunately) and obviously matured due to experiences he had during his travels. However, in doing so, he lost a lot of what made him very lovable and funny throughout Kanto: being a ten year old sports car driver with a pack of cheerleaders who also explores caverns and goes around being a jerk who lives for belittling Ash. Oh well.

Bel. She's a sweet character and she grew during the adventure. She got her Pokemon stolen by Team Plasma and she was trained by Iris. I liked that she became the assistant of Junpiter.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Janine. She never ever appeared in the anime. She should have when the gang visited Fuschia City during the Kanto Battle Frontier. She's a ninja, that's all it takes to be my favorite.

Uh... the thread asks about characters appeared in the anime. XD

Uhm... I really like Professor Oak.

Lucille

For me it's a toss up between Gary and Dawn

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It's automatically May. I like how May wasn't good in battles and uncultivated in the Pokémon field. She was funny. Then she grows and she's a lot more different than the "professor assistant" that we can see if we are playing the boy (like me).

xEryChan

Demon Child
Iris. Although she's nothing like her game counterpart, she's still really awesome.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
First person to come into my head was Riley. XD Though Dento was there before I read "Not counting Gym Leaders" lol.

And as for personality, Barry. He always brightened my day. :3

-on a side note- I'm not counting the main girls into what I pick-

Last edited:

Bluelatios*

Gary. Because Gary friggin' Oak. Ok fine, so he's only 99% based on "Blue", but close enough. The car, the ladies, the attitude, everything about him is swag and entertaining. Few other characters are able to get a good reaction out of Ash. XD

Zubeon

From what I've seen so far, definitely May. I'm not very far into the series (haven't hit DP yet) so I can't comment on who's appeared since then.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Most of them are from DP or BW (pity because if the characters had been treated more properly for the latter, I would've love BW so much)

Dawn, Cynthia, Bianca/Bel, Colress, N, Brock...

If Red = Ash, I'd say DP Ash.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gary, of course.