• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Johto Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

Which Johto Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

• Meganium

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Typhlosion

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Feraligatr

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Johto Starters do you like based on their final stage only? Mine is Typhlosion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ordile (Feraligatr) I suppose. I think it looks great, but even to this day I still maintain that it should've been Water/Dragon or Water/Dark instead of just pure Water-type, which I find a bit boring.

Tsukisha

Meganium has been my first choice of a Pokémon ever, in the Gold version. How could I not choose this flower necklac-ed cutie?
I'm really nostalgic over it, I'm addicted to the way it looks and - unlike many people might say - I think it's a strong Pokémon. Thanks to its great defenses, in fact, it quite makes for a solid user of the combo Leech Seed + Protect (120% guaranteed).

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I have to go with Feraligatr. I really want to pick Hisuian Typhlosion but when I think about which I would pick I would still take Totodile anyways. Feraligatr was my pick way back in the days of GSC and I don’t think that would change. Plus it has that dangerous Sheer Force + Life Orb combo.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Honestly... all three?

Typhlosion was my first starter in my very first video game. It has a place in my heart nothing else will ever touch. At the same time, though, I think I've spent more time with the Feraligatr line throughout my many save files, in part because it's by favorite design of the three and because it tends to be the most useful in-game thanks to Surf. But lately, I've been growing very fond of Meganium, as I'm really into the Grass type lately and because I have nostalgic memories of it being a formidable foe on my rival's team from using Feraligatr so much.

It's almost impossible to choose! If I had to, I'd go with Feraligatr because of how often I've used it.

If we include Hisuian Typhlosion, though, all bets are off and I pick that - I wish so, so, so much that I could see it in full 2D GBC glory, maybe on Morty's team or something.

TwilightBlade

Meganium is my favourite because of nostalgia. I like Typhlosion too but one thing that I always remember is that I never got my hands on a Typhlosion TCG card back in the day no matter how hard I tried to get one. :[

Random Man2

HYPER BEAM!
I like Feraligatr the most, as I love its draconic appearance along with the fact that it can be extremely dangerous in battle due to its access to Dragon Dance combined with its insanely powerful Life Orb and Sheer Force-boosted attacks such as Liquidation, Crunch, and Ice Punch.

Overall, I like all three of the Generation II starters, though. In fact, although my favorite starter Pokémon is from Generation I, Generation II is the generation that, on average, introduced the coolest starter Pokémon in my opinion. In fact, Generation II is the only generation in which I really like all three of the starter Pokémon introduced.

Ryker101

Feraligatr is my favourite and I’ve used it in 95% of my johto playthroughs. I love repitiles so it’s design looks great to me. It’s pretty reliable, bulky and hits fairly hard. Crunch and ice fang are solid coverage options from level up and it can learn some great tm moves, it also does decently well againsf most of the major trainers in the region

It’s also pretty fun to use in competitive, whether it’s swords dance + aqua jet or sheer force + life orb with dragon dance, waterfall, etc

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Feraligatr looks the best but I think Typhlosion aged the best because of its movepool and Hisuian variant. Fun fact but Typhlosion was the only TCG card from the Neo set that I never got my hands on so I have a weird love-hate relationship with Typhlosion. :D