• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Johto starter should I pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
I'm almost done with my Hoenn dex and I don't know which one to get. I would like something that would help me in the Battle Frontier. None of them may be the best choices, but it's for Johto nostalgia. I don't have Colo/XD sadly...

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Typhlosion is the best special sweeper

Meganium is a tank

Feraligatr is a physical sweeper

wich one do you desire???

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
Tanks are boring so you can cross that out. But which one would you prefer? I want your personal preference and expertise.

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
I always lack physical sweeping in my teams. But I still picked Cyndaquil because I love special sweepers. But I alwasy lack physical sweeping. The only well trained physical sweepers I have are Absol and Heracross

Veggie

2 physical sweepers are enough, right? Lol. Typhy has good sp atk. Fery has many good sp. moves, but it's sp. atk stat is poor.

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Veggie said:
2 physical sweepers are enough, right? Lol. Typhy has good sp atk. Fery has many good sp. moves, but it's sp. atk stat is poor.

In my opinion, yes

In BF i have

1 physical sweeper, 1 with baton pass, 1 special sweeper 1 with baton pass (espeon),

a baton passing tank (umbreon) last spot is a filler

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Silver Dragonair said:
Typhlosion is the best special sweeper

Meganium is a tank

Feraligatr is a physical sweeper

wich one do you desire???
Or, if he traded them to Box, he could have all three, but that'd be too much trouble. I think you shouldn't rely just on brute strength alone, you're gonna need a strategy with all that power. If you already saw your opponent's Pokemon, think of the best way to take care of them before you lose any of your Pokemon.

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Blitzkrieg said:
So are you saying Meganium for tanking and stalling?

Yeah, its attacking stats arent too good. It has a base attk. stat of 83 and attk of 82...

But its defenses 100 a piece. So it can take a couple hits.

The only attacking moves I would put on it are Razor leaf or Bodyslam...But like most tanks Meganium is horribly slow.

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Blitzkrieg said:
So are you saying Meganium for tanking and stalling?
Only if he has a lot of HP. Teach it attacks that are both offensive and defensive. Can it learn a healing move?

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Haruka-chan said:
Only if he has a lot of HP. Teach it attacks that are both offensive and defensive. Can it learn a healing move?

Giga Drain and Synthesis

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
I still dont like Meganium much

Get cyndaquil. If you want a tank, Umbreon FTW

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Blitzkrieg said:
I think it can learn synthesis which would heal it more with sunny day in affect.
Ok, teach it that, Solar Beam, and Razor Leaf. It can learn those attacks, right?

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Hmmm, alright replace Solar Beam with either Earthquake, Rock Smash, or Poisonpowder.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
What starter did you chose for Hoenn?

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
I could easily breed leech seed and grasswhistle so would that make it good? I'm thinking about Meganium or Typhlosion. Physical water types don't appeal to me. I have a Swampert for Hoenn. I have an EV trained Houndoom for an alternate special sweeper and a Thunder-Dancing Ampharos that I usually use.

Zora

perpetually tired
Listen: NONE OF THE JOHTO STARTERS WILL HELP YOU IN BF.

Thyphlosien: Good stats, horrid movepool.

Fraligatr: Good stats, not-so-great movepool

Meganium: Decent tank, but Curselax or something FTW.

If you want a good special sweeper, get Lati@s, or if you do not like Ubers, Starmie.

If you want a physcial sweeper, get Metagross

If you want a tank, Curselax, Blissey, or Weezing. (Umbreon is horrid ingame, great metagame).

Status
Not open for further replies.