1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

1. Chespin

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Fennekin

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Froakie

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Which starter did you choose in X and Y? I chose Fennekin, since as I said in the other starter threads, I've chosen the Fire starter in every generation since Gen 3. He's now a Delphox.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

I also chose Fennekin. Delphox is one of my favorite Pokémon and it’s a shame its 3D model has turned most people against it.

Weavy and NovaBrunswick like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I chose Fokko (Fennekin) for my X version team, although I ended up choosing the other two Kalos Starters in Y version, so I've used them all.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  4. jaden767

jaden767 Red Trainer

Froakie because it's my favorite and I really like Greninja but I do regret that Ash-Greninja wasn't available in the X & Y games.

5. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

When they were first revealed, Chespin was my initial choice. But when evolutions were revealed, I switched to Froakie and I didn't regret it!

6. NovaBrunswick

Maybe it would've been usable in the hypothetical Z third version, which sadly never came out.

7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Chespin was the first one I chose, but I ended up using all three of them at least once.

NovaBrunswick and Leonhart like this.
  8. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

I always pick the Fire starter in my main file, so I picked Fennekin there. Fennekin and Delphox quickly became some of my favourite Pokemon and I had a habit of feeling bad for picking it because of all the hatred it got (They did decently well in the latest poll though; shows there's a fair number of fans). I picked Chespin in my side file so I could give it a chance since barely anyone used it. Honestly, Chespin and Fennekin are super underappreciated regardless and it upsets me because I think they're cool.

NovaBrunswick and Leonhart like this.
  9. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Chose Froakie in Pokemon X and Fennekin in Pokemon Y. Never used Chespin since I could not bear to restart any of my games.

NovaBrunswick and Ubermuk like this.
  10. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Chespin in X and Fennekin in Y. I got Froakie via trade in both games and used it on my Y team as my main Water type.

11. NovaBrunswick

I do remember that Shauna gives you the starter that wasn't chosen by you or Serena/Calem after you become the Champion. Did any of you use the extra starter in your playthroughs, or did you just keep it for Dex or trading purposes?

12. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

She actually gives you the starter that she picked, aka the one weak to your choice.