• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Chespin

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Froakie

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Which starter did you choose in X and Y? I chose Fennekin, since as I said in the other starter threads, I've chosen the Fire starter in every generation since Gen 3. He's now a Delphox.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Froakie because it's my favorite and I really like Greninja but I do regret that Ash-Greninja wasn't available in the X & Y games.

Maybe it would've been usable in the hypothetical Z third version, which sadly never came out.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I always pick the Fire starter in my main file, so I picked Fennekin there. Fennekin and Delphox quickly became some of my favourite Pokemon and I had a habit of feeling bad for picking it because of all the hatred it got (They did decently well in the latest poll though; shows there's a fair number of fans). I picked Chespin in my side file so I could give it a chance since barely anyone used it. Honestly, Chespin and Fennekin are super underappreciated regardless and it upsets me because I think they're cool.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Chose Froakie in Pokemon X and Fennekin in Pokemon Y. Never used Chespin since I could not bear to restart any of my games.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I do remember that Shauna gives you the starter that wasn't chosen by you or Serena/Calem after you become the Champion. Did any of you use the extra starter in your playthroughs, or did you just keep it for Dex or trading purposes?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
656.png
657.png
658.png

I used the Greninja line the most in Kalos, since a ninja frog is a super cool concept and I'm a sucker for the rogue-type characters in RPGs. It was fast, hit hard and had a super cool moveset with unique stuff like Smack Down, Extrasensory and random Flying attacks, so I felt like I could customise it much more than the other two starters. Plus I own Y and the Kalos Water options were Greninja or Barbaracle, not a difficult choice. I did also use Delphox at one point, and it was solid! I like the line as well, not as much as Froakie (the movepool is rather barren until Delphox, but Psychic moves early on are dope). Never used Chesnaught or its evolutionary line, my brother did so when I helped him I got to use it and it was... alright. It's not as bad as everyone says, but it's still the worst starter ever produced so far.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Right now, Fennekin and Froakie are tied!