• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Chespin

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Froakie

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Froakie no regrets. Definitely one of my favorite starters to date.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Chespin is my favorite starter line from 6 gen. I love my little green knight.

The Fennekin line I also like, as I've always been a fan of mages and witches.

the Froakie line however is my least favorite starter line of all time.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Fennekin, as it's the only Kalos starter I can stomach (no offense to Chespin and Froakie fans...)

I'm also a Fennekin fan, but I don't mind Chespin and Froakie too much, even if Greninja is a little bit overrated.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I chose fennekin. The fox is one my favorite animals. It’s the first and only time so far that I have chosen a fire starter pokemon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I chose fennekin. The fox is one my favorite animals. It’s the first and only time so far that I have chosen a fire starter pokemon.

What starter type do you usually choose? I nearly always go for the Fire starter.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I picked Fennekin first for my X game because I liked Delphox the most out of the final stage starters. Froakie was chosen for my first Y game. I avoid choosing Chespin most of the time because Quilladin terrifies me with its blank stare and creepy Jack Nicholson in The Shining smile. I keep think that thing is plotting to stab me while I’m sleeping.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
What starter type do you usually choose? I nearly always go for the Fire starter.

It’s a competition between the water and grass types .
Kanto - Bulbasaur, even tho I chose squirtle the second time I played leafgreen
Johto - Totodile
Hoenn - Mudkip
Sinnoh - Turtwig, but I came to regret this choice and never used torterra. I should’ve followed my intuition and picked piplup.
Unova - Snivy, but I almost picked Oshawott.
Kalos - Fennekin
Alola - Popplio, but for the first time in pokemon history I was not a fan of any of the starters. So I basically chose on elimination, Primarina looked decent. Rowlet’s evolutions turned me off and I didn’t like the cat.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It’s a competition between the water and grass types .
Kanto - Bulbasaur, even tho I chose squirtle the second time I played leafgreen
Johto - Totodile
Hoenn - Mudkip
Sinnoh - Turtwig, but I came to regret this choice and never used torterra. I should’ve followed my intuition and picked piplup.
Unova - Snivy, but I almost picked Oshawott.
Kalos - Fennekin
Alola - Popplio, but for the first time in pokemon history I was not a fan of any of the starters. So I basically chose on elimination, Primarina looked decent. Rowlet’s evolutions turned me off and I didn’t like the cat.

Nothing from Galar?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Froakie water types are a good middle ground. I acquired Fennekin and Chespin later through GTS. I like all of Gen 6 starters.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
They're definitely great designs in the base stages at least. Real shame that Greninja heavily overshadowed the other two.
And with Protean giving i a stab boost for Ice Beam and Dark Pulse it can effectively counter both starters.

Ash-Greninja is also broken on it's own.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Froakie was an easy choice for me from the start. Plus Frogadier and Greninja really won me over when they were first revealed