• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Kalos Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

Which Kalos Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

• Chesnaught

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Delphox

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Greninja

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Kalos Starters do you like based on their final stage only? Mine is Delphox.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Out of the Gen VI fully evolved Starter Pokemon, Gekkouga (Greninja) is my favorite, at least in terms of the video games. I don't like the way it was portrayed in the anime, though.

Tsukisha

Delphox, as it depicts my style much better than how Chesnaught or Greninja do. Whenever I see wizard/sorceress references, I really can't help but appreciate and Delphox flawlessly features these characteristics due to its fur coat which looks like a robe on fire.

The_Orb

idc if it's overrated, the phroge will always live on in my heart

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Delphox. Love the design even though the 3D model is way too stiff. I like all 3 though

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I always vote Greninja. It's fast and Water Shuriken is good to punish sturdy types. But it's defenses is not great get shut down a LOT early on.
It's like medium difficulty then balances out. The black shiny form is amazing.
My Moveset recommended: Surf Water Shuriken, Dark Pulse and Ice Beam. Works against many pokemon.

Delphox's Fox Magician looks great. It also has good versatility against Team Flare since they have a lot of Swalot and Golbats
makes it a essential pokemon to get from a trade/wonder trade. The shiny form is not so great.
Moveset: Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Psychic and Shadow Ball

Chesnaught, i do like the design a bit but it has so many weaknesses in every gym.
First Santalune Gym is a Bug Gym, the 2nd Gym has a part Ice Type. Korrina has a flying type Hawlucha, Ramos is safe as
long as he doesn't use Horn Leech or his Poison moves. Clemont has Emolga who is part flying type
and Magneton that resists grass. Then there's the Fairy Type, Psychic and Ice Gyms who will all be dangerous as well.

That's all of the 8 gyms total where a starter has one form of disadvantage or more. So many weaknesses on a starter...yikes!

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I like Chesnaught the more I play with it. It fills the role of a "knight" reasonably well, with the Physical stats and high HP. I love the "shield" animation for Spiky Shield as well. I think the color scheme however is better when Shiny, since it looks closer to the original Chespin/Quallidin. Dark brown and dark green, which brings to my mind a tank or army uniform.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Delphox. It's pretty and has an amazing typing

I used to really like Greninja but it's portrayal in the anime plus it's overzealous fanbase ended up ruining it for me

I'm not a fan of Chesnaught in general

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Delphox no matter the stage of evolution.

raichu27

I would say Greninja. Ash-Greninja is really awesome in the anime. Still would've loved to see it defeat Alain's Charizard. Although, I like Delphox, too.

TwilightBlade

This puts me in a tough spot because I don't truly like any of them that much. Greninja is probably the best out of the 3 but only by a slight margin. :[

Baggie_Saiyan

This puts me in a tough spot because I don't truly like any of them that much. Greninja is probably the best out of the 3 but only by a slight margin. :[
Same except I'd probably pick Delphox cuz I love foxes lol but Fennekin was just so cute a shame how it ended up

Gen 5, 6 and 8 probably have the most ehh starter final evo's imo.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Greninja, as it has the best movepool and Protean. I quite like Chesnaught, too, but Delphox is just disappointing, as its cry is annoying, the colour scheme and ear fur leave much to be desired, and Magician is next to useless.

Ryker101

Greninja for sure. I think they dropped the ball with the other two. Chestnaught’s grown on me a bit but I don’t like Delphox at all. To me it hits the right balance between looking animalistic but human-like. It’s a sleek design with a cool typing and had a busted hidden ability to boot. Not to mention how iconic it is in the anime

Tbh I didn’t like it at first and was legit gonna keep my Frogadier unevolved but I’m glad I didn’t