• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Kingdom Hearts game do you like more and why?

greenfanboy

My Metroid ate me.
KH2 cuz it had more features, better bosses, and cuz of Organization XIII! Speaking of them, I heard you could play as any of the members in KH 358/2 Days. Is this true?

Surfing_Pikachu

Kingdom Hearts I all the way! As for the people who say KHII was better just because it had more features, I would have to disagree. The first had a beautiful story, characters, and plot. The second was amazing as well, but there was something that just was missing in that one. The plot was much less simple and more soap opera-ish, making the story not emotionally "hit" you as well as the first one's simple plot did. And when it comes to features, Quality> Quantity. Also, the first game was much harder than the second, something really appreciate in a game.

As for the people who say they don't like either, you obviously haven't played any of them ;)

Last edited:

Ohtachi

mia san mia
I fancy myself a game of Coded over the rest. The gameplay looks more unique than the other gameplay systems in the series. Plus it goes back to the original. Lets hope it stays mobile.

Zatch 89

I like them both equally but KH1's commercial is what made me want to buy it. I still love the song "Simple and Clean" from the opening of the game and commercial (Nostalgia sets in, opens iTunes, enjoys ^_^)

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
The second one seemed better to me. It seemed darker than the first which I like. :3

azurill

The 1st one hands down.
KH2 had a totally unbalanced difficulty,being extremely easy the whole time,with one simply impossible battle in the middle.I only beat Xaldin due to me being lucky enough to get Mickey 7 times.

KH1 was much better storywise too,KH2 felt like nothing more than fan-service.

Wabby

I really don't know which I like more. My friend somehow managed to play half of the second for me, so I found the first more challenging. (Except for boss fights, somehow I happened to fail at every boss everybody else I know claims to be the easiest...) I liked only few of the Organization members and I liked the storyline of the first more. And the song of KH1 was better IMO. I guess that if I have to decide, it's KH1.
Gotta get 358/2 when it gets out. *_*

Waldorf

ungrateful
Kingdom Hearts II was more enjoyable thanks to the silly, shiny Reaction Commands. Ah, delicious Reaction Commands. Well, I guess if you bought it at full price it wouldn't be quite as fun.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Kingdom Hearts II was more enjoyable thanks to the silly, shiny Reaction Commands. Ah, delicious Reaction Commands. Well, I guess if you bought it at full price it wouldn't be quite as fun.

Indeed. How can you not enjoy a game where, with just a press of the triangle button, you can slice skyscrapers in half and casually kick them across the landscape? Or block hundreds of faster-than-light sword slashes? Awesome.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Electivirus said:
Indeed. How can you not enjoy a game where, with just a press of the triangle button, you can slice skyscrapers in half and casually kick them across the landscape? Or block hundreds of faster-than-light sword slashes? Awesome.

It didn't do much for Kingdom Hearts II as a proper game with properly decent challenge, but yes, it was entertaining while it lasted.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
Number 1.

More difficult, more charm to it. Much Less ridiculous Nomura melodrama and angst.

Don't really understand the hype the series gets. They're not bad, but they're nothing special. I'm sick of some of my friends lauding it as one of the best rpg franchises ever, when it's pretty average stuff, brought down by nomura's overly dramatic and pretentious plots.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
GBA Kingdom Heart Chain of Memories since its the only one I played. Hopefully 358/2 will be good and won't use the L button.

Pseudo Lovely

Dream your heart out
Kingdom Hearts II would be one of my favorites, along with I'm thinking Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Kingdom Hearts II because I thought it was a better updated version of Kingdom Hearts I and I liked the Organization XIII Xb plus I though it was an alright story. Also, I read the story of what 358/2 Days is supposed to be about, and well, even though it's sort of a pointless story, I like it. I think it sounds cool and I'm excited to play it once it comes out in the US. =]

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I loved both but KH2's gameplay was the best. I loved the button sequences it reminded me of GOW.

Jats605

<--- Not bwoken
KH2 cuz it had more features, better bosses, and cuz of Organization XIII! Speaking of them, I heard you could play as any of the members in KH 358/2 Days. Is this true?
This has been confirmed,yes.

I like them both equally but KH1's commercial is what made me want to buy it. I still love the song "Simple and Clean" from the opening of the game and commercial (Nostalgia sets in, opens iTunes, enjoys ^_^)
This is the only reason I wanted CoM of Christmas one year.