• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which legendaries/mythicals with more than one member within their species (SPECULATION)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Because I suspect Unown are the true creators of the Pokemon universe, and that the inhabitants Sinnoh attributed to Arceus what was actually the Unown's work.
I think it's more implied that the Unown are extensions of Arceus, which is why in the Sinjoh Ruins they're summoned to create you one of the Creation Trio. I think it's a hive mind scenario and Arceus is the physical manifestation of that hive mind

Celebi is weird because while there is an argument for multiple, because its a time traveler and its lifespan is unknown every Celebi that shows up could be the same one. It would certainly explain the deus ex machina at the end of 4Ever if those Celebi were actually part of a causal loop. Any minor visual difference could be easily attributed to the art style

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think it's more implied that the Unown are extensions of Arceus, which is why in the Sinjoh Ruins they're summoned to create you one of the Creation Trio. I think it's a hive mind scenario and Arceus is the physical manifestation of that hive mind
If Arceus is a physical manifestation of the hive mind of the Unown, then the Unown can't be extensions of Arceus.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Celebi is weird because while there is an argument for multiple, because its a time traveler and its lifespan is unknown every Celebi that shows up could be the same one. It would certainly explain the deus ex machina at the end of 4Ever if those Celebi were actually part of a causal loop. Any minor visual difference could be easily attributed to the art style

I don't get this theory considering that it's far more likely that there really are multiple Celebi than all the ones we've seen in the cartoon and movies being the same entity traveling through time.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There is also definitely only one kyurem we have seen so far, along with the swords of justice , creation trio, Arceus, meloetta, victini and melmetal. All the groudon and Kyogre that appeared could possibly be one too tho that's kinda unlikely.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And one Ho-Oh. All the celebi that appeared were the same celebi from different time periods i remember so i could see there being one celebi too. The mew in lucario and mystery of mew was never stated to be different from the 1st movie was he. So for all we know it could be one mew too. One Xerneas Yveltal and complete zygarde too for all we have seen. One volcanion, hoopa and diancie. One marshadow since the other one that appeared was AU. Same with Zeroaroa.

Rune Knight

I want to state that just because we've only seen 'one' of the same pokemon doesn't render that pokemon singular/unique.

Most likely, the reason why we've only seen pokemon like Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Marshadow and Zeroara once is because they happen to be more 'recent' pokemon, so they haven't gotten the chance to appear as frequent.

The reason why I made Ho-Oh singular (for now) is because the anime has been pretty consistent with it for the last 23 years.

The anime also likes to market a lot of the older pokemon more frequently rather than the newer ones, so that makes them it easier for them to appear more.

Maybe within a few years down the line we'll see more of these newer-generation legendaries/myuthicals.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Regarding Celebi, I do think that there are various different kinds and my take on the Celebi revival scene from the end of the fourth movie was that the other Celebi that showed up were most likely the same Celebi that existed in different time lines, but regardless I don't think that means that all Celebi in general are the same individual in different time periods.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
She appeared in the mainline anime, so she's as canon as the Kantonian Mewtwo

Every region seems to have tried cloning Mew at some point, otherwise there wouldn't be so many ditto floating around, but only two managed to make a Mewtwo of their own

Well masuda once confirmed that the failed mew clone ditto theory is false so...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Prior to the theory being debunked, I did think that Metamon was a failed Mew clone given all their similarities. And speaking of Mew, the fact that there are multiple of them is one of the reasons why I stand behind the theory that Celebi [another Mythical Pokemon] most likely has multiple individuals as well.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Prior to the theory being debunked, I did think that Metamon was a failed Mew clone given all their similarities. And speaking of Mew, the fact that there are multiple of them is one of the reasons why I stand behind the theory that Celebi [another Mythical Pokemon] most likely has multiple individuals as well.
Did he just debunk it for the sake of preventing fans from being right and has zero interest in ever explaining the similarities? Because it feels like they'd do that, why else was the mostly pointless scene of the Shadow Triad meeting the Straiton Trio there except as a finger to the popular "Shadow Triad are Straiton Trio in disguise" theory

On Celebi, while there could be multiple of the species, they're time travelers so there's no reason why the same Celebi can't be present in more than one place at a time. The HGSS Celebi event and Sammy's true identity proves time travel in the Pokemon universe lets you exist at the same time as your past/future self

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I always had a theory that there were multiple Arceus, one for every universe in existence since Arceus was formed in the chaos which birthed creation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:
I always had a theory that there were multiple Arceus, one for every universe in existence since Arceus was formed in the chaos which birthed creation.

Well given that multiple universes do in fact exist in the anime given the 20th and 21st movies, I suppose that the odds of multiple Arceus from each of those universes existing is probably very likely. In fact, Arceus might hypothetically transcend those universes since it's god-like.

Last edited: