• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which main game was your first?

thunder2910

Loves pizza
As the title suggests which main game was your very first and why did you choose it instead of the other one

For me it was diamond, I actually really wanted Pearl but because Diamond was available as a second hand, which meant it was cheaper, in the gamestore my dad only let me buy that, back then I really liked palkia over dialga

Nevertheless playing the game was an awesome experience and I still have the game to this very day :)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Mine was Red; I got it in early 2000 along with a transparent purple Game Boy Color for my sixth birthday. I started playing it very soon after opening it; I chose Charmander as my starter and made it up to Viridian Forest, but I could not figure out how to save the game before I had to go to bed and thus, I was forced to wait until the next day to figure it out.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Technically Diamond.

But the first Core Series Game I played was a friend's Silver, even though they never even touched it.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Yellow, because my friend gave it to me (on an emulator). Don't worry, I bought the real game and a GBC soon after that.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
The first Pokemon game that I actually owned was Pokemon Crystal. However it wasn't the first game I played, Pokemon Red was. Unfortunately it belonged to my brother. When I really fell in love with the Pokemon series though was when I got my Pokemon Sapphire.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
My first Pokemon game was Blue. I immediately fell in love with the series and have continued to play it to this day. Still have my original Blue cartridge but I'm not sure if it still works. I haven't played it in years.

Pokemon Blue, I got it for my 6th birthday ^^;
It took me an hour to figure out the doormat thing wasn't a closet seen from the top and I could exit the house there >__>

Nightblind249

Mine was yellow, and then red I believe (could be blue, I suppressed the bulk of memories of around that time.......but i did end up own all three) I got yellow for a great report card when I was a kid, it was yellow or 5 dollars a "A". Even though yellow was a b-day gift that was repurchased early if I recall right. So much fun, took forever to realize the guy laying on the ground wanted Coffee and then you were able to get pasted.

FlamingNoivern

Fire-type Enthusiast
Mine was Red Version. Ah good memories. Although I honestly have the fondest memories of Pokémon Silver.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Mine was Diamond. I got when i was about nine or eight. Ah, memories, still have that game.

James2344

Keyblade wielder
emerald, cost my either $64 or $74, which for me back then was roughly 11 months allowance, I've since clocked over 260 hours on it, love it so much.

★Shiny Sylveon★

Pokemon Pearl. I liked Palkia more then Dialga.
I'm not sure when I got it, maybe when I was 6 or 7.
Though my brother is giving me the first games like Pokemon Fire Red?, to play. ^__^

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Emerald was the first one I actually played without assistance. And where my DynamicPert and I still rule the Battle Dome.

Crystal was my first that I played, but that was mainly clearing Gyms and stuff with my sister's help. At about age 7? Maybe.

Serebii!

Fire Red, I have now managed to complete it many times, though the first time has left me with many memories

Illusione-Tempus

Ah. The first one I have was Sapphire in an emulator from a friend. Lol don't hate me, this country is full of bootlegs and it's hard to find a legit copy of any GBA/NDS games here. xD

Even the Emerald and Fire Red cartridges that I bought are fake. I mean, Emerald would delete the save file every time I boot it, and Fire Red won't save at all. .3.

But I did managed to get both copies of XY about a month after it was released. So I guess XY is technically the first ones that I own an actual legit physical copy of. xD

Kaia

Yellow (hired it from a video store.)
The first main Pokemon game I owned however was Gold.