• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which manga characters did you miss in the anime?

DuskAstral

1. Blaise- I find him an interesting character. I really liked that he could create illusions. It's really a pity that he didn't appear in the anime

2. Team Rocket Elite Trio (Al, Ken and Harry)

3. Daisy Oak - I miss her because as Gary's sister she would bring a breath of fresh air to the series

4. Silver- son of Giovanni. If he appeared in the main series it would be interesting. It would be nice if he was a returning rival.

5. AZ- I missed it a bit as it was related to the Ultimate Weapon and had an interesting history

6. Moon- I missed her because she had an interesting specialization. And I liked her shooting skills.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Silver did appear very briefly but he had no lines. He had like three seconds in the Legend of Thunder special.

AZ's absence is weird because he had such a major role in the game. Wally, any version of him, is another one in that situation.

I feel like Koya from DPA would be a good foil for Ash, being a "good guy" (he's Looker's subordinant) who's just the biggest jerk in all creation.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
how that work ? we have Anime Trios for that same role

Perhaps they could've been the Rocket-dan trio's rivals instead of Yamato and Kosaburou? I always thought that AZ should've appeared in the main anime since his role could've been changed slightly to fit in with the Flare-dan's anime schemes.

DuskAstral

how that work ? we have Anime Trios for that same role
It's not quite the same role. The first group was sub-leaders while Jessie and James are regular members. It should also be added that Team Rocket Elite Trio was not a failure, unlike Meowth's companions

Redstar45

It's not quite the same role. The first group was sub-leaders while Jessie and James are regular members. It should also be added that Team Rocket Elite Trio was not a failure, unlike Meowth's companions
but Koga and Lt.Surge and Sabrina is good guys in anime universe .

Last edited:

Redstar45

I didn't mean them. Team Rocket Elite Trio was created by completely different people.
they are joke and less a likable then jj and m

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
How could I "miss" a character that is manga-exclusive? It's not like the anime has any connection to any manga outside of them bothng being game adaptations.

they are joke

And so are JJM. And most Team Rocket members in the anime.

and less a likable then jj and m

Debatable. They fill a similar niche. Goofy recurring villains that get beat up a lot.

DuskAstral

How could I "miss" a character that is manga-exclusive? It's not like the anime has any connection to any manga outside of them bothng being game adaptations.
Even though the anime has nothing to do with the manga, it cannot be denied that the same characters appear in both (even if they have a different personality and story in the anime). And among those that remained exclusive to the manga, there are certainly those whose absence from the anime particularly touched us.

Redstar45

Even though the anime has nothing to do with the manga, it cannot be denied that the same characters appear in both (even if they have a different personality and story in the anime). And among those that remained exclusive to the manga, there are certainly those whose absence from the anime particularly touched us.
sure but you had change of some of characters from the manga to make em fit the world of PokeAni

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
A lot of y'all are listing just game characters, not manga characters. I would have said Cyrus's grandfather if I knew this was really about characters who just didn't appear on the show, since he's not in any manga either.

But more about specifically manga, Hazel from Magical Pokémon Journey. Give the show a little faux magical girl vibe for an episode or two.

Redstar45

Hazel from Magical Pokémon Journey. Give the show a little faux magical girl vibe for an episode or two.
lol sm arc should use her in their magical girls episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What's funny is that she isn't one at all. She just dresses like one. The series is really a slice of life.

Redstar45

What's funny is that she isn't one at all. She just dresses like one. The series is really a slice of life.
still she could fit in and it would be nice nod to the crossover arc in the manga which it is showcase her and her friend meet Satoshi/Ash and gangs from the OS Era of the Anime show at the times.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Wish Daisy Oak was in the show. Gary having an older sibling in the show to keep him in line woulda been cool because Professor Oak almost never chastised his behavior...

Mew29240

Wish Daisy Oak was in the show. Gary having an older sibling in the show to keep him in line woulda been cool because Professor Oak almost never chastised his behavior...

Wouldn't she just stay at Pallet Town? I can't see her being able to reprimand Gary for his behavior if she's not around to catch it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nanami would've worked out fine if she'd been traveling with Shigeru as his chaperone in early OS instead of his fanclub following him around I suppose, but otherwise I can't imagine her receiving that much screen-time if she would've stayed in Masara Town like Okido-hakase.

Redstar45

Nanami would've worked out fine if she'd been traveling with Shigeru as his chaperone in early OS instead of his fanclub following him around I suppose, but otherwise I can't imagine her receiving that much screen-time if she would've stayed in Masara Town like Okido-hakase.
i would like that as fit Shudo's version