• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which manga characters did you miss in the anime?

Mew29240

Nanami would've worked out fine if she'd been traveling with Shigeru as his chaperone in early OS instead of his fanclub following him around I suppose, but otherwise I can't imagine her receiving that much screen-time if she would've stayed in Masara Town like Okido-hakase.

Thinking back on it, Gary driving around in a car surrounding by cheerleaders who are older than him is pretty weird; his sister chaperoning him on his journey instead of that would've done good for his early series attitude.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
1. Blaise- I find him an interesting character. I really liked that he could create illusions. It's really a pity that he didn't appear in the anime

2. Team Rocket Elite Trio (Al, Ken and Harry)

3. Daisy Oak - I miss her because as Gary's sister she would bring a breath of fresh air to the series

4. Silver- son of Giovanni. If he appeared in the main series it would be interesting. It would be nice if he was a returning rival.

5. AZ- I missed it a bit as it was related to the Ultimate Weapon and had an interesting history

6. Moon- I missed her because she had an interesting specialization. And I liked her shooting skills.

Daisy Oak because she's also in the games and in Pallet Town no less.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Wouldn't she just stay at Pallet Town? I can't see her being able to reprimand Gary for his behavior if she's not around to catch it.

Good point lol. Still she could've been Oak's assistant from the start and maybe that way Tracey wouldn't have stayed at the lab at the end of OI.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Good point lol. Still she could've been Oak's assistant from the start and maybe that way Tracey wouldn't have stayed at the lab at the end of OI.

Considering that Kenji's character ended up being a moot point overall, perhaps it would've been best if Nanami had been Okido-hakase's helper, instead. Although alternatively she could've had her own job without working under her grandfather.

SerenaRulez

Silver for sure because he only appeared 1 time in the Raikou special's opening theme song but he did not have a full appearance in the main show.

And I know Bill was in the show too but he had a bigger part in the Pokemon Adventures manga so I wish he had been more important in the show too.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
PC CREATOR AND LOT GAME CHARACTER LIKE BLUE (F) SHOULD ADD IN ASH'S WORLD

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
And I know Bill was in the show too but he had a bigger part in the Pokemon Adventures manga so I wish he had been more important in the show too.

I wish he'd been a recurring character, too. I was always intrigued by the mystery of the giant Kairyu in particular. On an unrelated note, I wish that Kiwame from Pokemon Special had appeared during the AG saga. She could've been involved in a hypothetical episode where Satoshi would want to teach his Jukain the move Frenzy Plant, or perhaps teach his Lizardon Blast Burn.

Applecorp

Yellow was one of my favorite manga characters and I wanted her to appear in the show because she could've been Ash's female Kanto rival in the old days.

Leonhart

Imagineer
09Murphym said:
Green would be a neat addition, especially her prankster and troll tendencies.

She would've been an interesting character had she kept her Pokemon Special counterpart's personality, and if Kasumi hadn't been the female traveling companion in OS, I would've wanted her to take her place.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
1. Blaise- I find him an interesting character. I really liked that he could create illusions. It's really a pity that he didn't appear in the anime

2. Team Rocket Elite Trio (Al, Ken and Harry)

3. Daisy Oak - I miss her because as Gary's sister she would bring a breath of fresh air to the series

4. Silver- son of Giovanni. If he appeared in the main series it would be interesting. It would be nice if he was a returning rival.

5. AZ- I missed it a bit as it was related to the Ultimate Weapon and had an interesting history

6. Moon- I missed her because she had an interesting specialization. And I liked her shooting skills.
Well, 3-6 are technically game characters first, manga second. I don't know about 1 & 2 though I have a feeling they fit as well.
Yeah, AZ really should have appeared during Kalos.