• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Manga(s) Series Would You Recommend For Others To Read?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Hello All!
I'm DanChimchar and I love to read Manga!
What I really love are Manga's that have been turned into an English Dubbed Anime Show.

Which brings me to my question

Which Manga(s) Series Would You Recommend For Others To Read?

What I'm reading so far are the Manga series

Dragon Drive (I'm on Book 10)
Legendz (Completed)
Prince of Tennis (On Book 4)
Zatch Bell (Starting on Book 3)
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! (Waiting for Book 4 to be Released)
Naruto (On Book 3)
Legend of Zelda Oricina of Time Part 1 and Part 2 (Completed)
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (Currently Reading)
Inu Yasha (Starting Book 2)
Tokyo Mew Mew (Series Completed)
Pokemon Mystery Dugeon Ginji's Adventure (Completed)
Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea Manga Book (Completed)
Pokemon The Rise of Darkrai Manga Book (Completed)

And Yeah so could anyone give me some more intersting titles like the ones above. Thanks Very Much!

Last edited:

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
I'd definately recommend Bleach and Death Note. Bleach for anybody who likes action and/or supernatural, and Death Note for anybody who likes supernatural and/or thrillers.

ForeverFlame

I can't really think of any right now, but Death Note is a must-read for anybody. It has a 37-episode English Dubbed Anime, three live-action movies (that have also been dubbed in English), and Vertigo Entertainment, which is known for remaking Asian Horror Films, is currently producing a Death Note film to come out in theatres sometime next year.

Not to mention that the series itself is mind-blowing. Supernatural, horror, political, moral, crime and detective themes fill every page, and there are unexpected plot twists around every corner. It's not that long, either, at 12 volumes (or 37 episodes if you watch the Anime, and 2 movies if you watch those).

Zazie

So 1991
Ranma 1/2 volume 1 - you don't have to read any more if you don't want to as the first volume is stand alone. The characters aren't as exageratted as in later volumes and this one sets up most of the premise for the later volumes.
Dragonball first two volumes - I heard Toryama originally wanted to end the manga at this point. The first two volumes have more of humor and less action than the later ones and in my opinion is the best of the entire manga.
Crayon Shin Chan - Much closer to the Japanese version than the manga is. May not be for every one as it has a lot of toilet humor. Also hard to find and is rated 18+ so.

Other manga I have read a little bit of that I reccomend Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits and DNAngel.

Mimori Kiryu

Don't even bother reading Inuyasha. In my honest opinion, it's a waste of time.

I suggest:

Fullmetal Alchemist - Goes deeper than the anime and is very good.
Black Cat - SO MUCH better than the anime; digs a lot more into the past of the characters and their connections with each other.
La Corda d'Oro - It's shoujo, but I'm pretty sure it could be good for both genders.
Ouran High School Host Club - Shoujo, but proven to be loved by both sexes. <3
Death Note - Much better than the anime (at least the ending).

allblacks448

Shiny Hunter Novice
i love bleach, naruto, deathnote but i have to recomend bitter virgin lol.

seriously that is an awesome manga. full metal alchemist is awesome too.

AB448

Mew's desire

*Smirks*
If you're a girl and love girly mangas, read:
Fruits Basket
Full Moon O Sagashite
If you're feeling a little bloody, read:
Vampire Knight.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Don't even bother reading Inuyasha. In my honest opinion, it's a waste of time.

I agree.

I recommend reading,

FullMetal Alchemist and Rave Master if you're that shounen type.

I also suggest reading Yu-Gi-Oh. Not that duelist crap. The ORIGINAL Yu-Gi-Oh. Millennium World I thought was a bit dry.

ForeverFlame

Well, if you feel like reading over 50 volumes (more than 500 chapters...) of a group of people trying to kill some guy over and over, Inuyasha's the manga for you!

Vampire Knight's also good if you're a girl, or if you're a guy who doesn't mind shojos.

D.Gray-Man is a dark shonen, and it has a dub (Coming out March 31, whoo!). The characters are sort of typical, and it does get boring in some arcs, but it has a great story.

Shinobi5878

Resident Bad A**
Well...if your an "older teen", you NEED to read Afro Samurai. It's one of the best Samurai/Ninja based mangas I've read by far. I'm wanting to say it's better than Naruto. The only problem I have with Afro Samurai is that there's only two volumes... Most of the people that I've talked to about Afro have only seen the anime, the anime and the manga are and aren't completely different. There's allot of things that happened in the anime that didn't happen in the manga and vise versa...
Aside from that fact, it's still one that I recommend...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I reccomend Jing, the art is unique and detailed. It's a bit childish but the dirty jokes are quite a riot and any perverted incodent is an image of beauty or laughs. This manga is hard to find though.

Sapphire Sapphirine

~Melodist Melody~
I recommend...

Romance-comedy-action: Kamichama Karin. Kamichama Karin Chu.

Romance-comedy with some mystery: Fruits Basket.

Romance with a dark edge: Full Moon O Sagashite.

Romance: Kitchen Princess. Pita-Ten.

Last edited: