• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Misty ship?

Which Misty ship?

• PokeShipping (Ash x Misty)

Votes: 56 58.9%
  • EgoShipping (Gary x Misty)

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • GymShipping (Brock x Misty)

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • OrangeShipping (Tracey x Misty)

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I voted for Pokeshipping. It's the only shipping involving Misty that I can see happening, tbh.

Flame Mistress

I voted for Pokeshipping. It's the only shipping involving Misty that I can see happening, tbh.

Then again, Misty certainly isn't a very shippable character, unlike, say, Dawn. At least, not to me, anyway. I can't really see her with anyone else apart from Tracey or Ash.

Misty's Song is all I have to say.

Which was only made by 4Kids and therefore clearly not canon.

TheCrobatKing

Poison within.
PokeShipping is probably the most popular and has the most evidence of all...can't seem to think of her with anyone else.

Misty's Song might not be canon but aren't there other songs that are canon? Or they all by 4Kids? :p

Doux

I had never even heard of 'shipping' before today, but I have to say, I can't exactly picture Misty with anyone other than Ash. I always pictured them as the ever-common 'oh we're just going to keep pretending to be friends until one day the sexual tension makes us explode and we end up together forever'! :D
...I can see from the poll that I may not be original in thinking that. :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I like Pokeshipping cuz it's my favorite Misty shipping and it's funny.
Egoshipping, cuz that sounds like it would be funny and a very interesting relationship too.
Gymshipping because it's cute.
And Orangeshipping because that seems kinda cute too.
Also I'm liking that MistyxTentacruel ship XD.

Last edited:

Moonlight Starlight

I'm more of a Pokeshipping (Ash x Misty) these two met each other every since the first episode and Misty travel with Ash the most throught every season 1 to season 5 during the first series of Pokemon.The reason these two are popular to be together is that they remind me of another anime(like two animes I watch) how they act to the same way.Like here from these animes Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha. I can see how it keep the generation compare to different pairing how I see and the same way how they still act the same. Ash x Misty, Ranma x Akane, and Inuyasha x Kagome.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Then again, Misty certainly isn't a very shippable character, unlike, say, Dawn. At least, not to me, anyway. I can't really see her with anyone else apart from Tracey or Ash.

True. I really don't ship Misty around that much, not like Ash at least.

TheCrobatKing

Poison within.
Its pretty obvious that Misty likes Ash. Not that obvious the other way around. Remember the Power of One when she said Ash was her burden...probably doesnt ahave the same meaning as the ring in the Lord of the Rings :p

Before you say its not canon, remember that the same Slowking appeared later on in Slowking's day.

Also, in a Date with Delcatty, Misty says theres someone else in mind...that might mean Ash.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Misty's Song might not be canon but aren't there other songs that are canon? Or they all by 4Kids? :p

As far as I know, all the Pokeshipping songs were created by 4Kids.

There's been a lot of argument that the Japanese ending of The Power of One was Pokeshipping related but idk.

Flame Mistress

Also, in a Date with Delcatty, Misty says theres someone else in mind...that might mean Ash.
Yeah, who else could it be? Misty most definitely has a crush on Ash.

As far as I know, all the Pokeshipping songs were created by 4Kids.

There's been a lot of argument that the Japanese ending of The Power of One was Pokeshipping related but idk.

Really, all interpretations of these kinds of songs are subjective. Some may argue that High Touch! was PearlShippy, while others may not, for example.

But it does make me wonder... why was 4Kids so interested in PokeShipping, anyway? They even changed the sequence of flashbacks Misty had (I think) at the end of OS so that they only contained PokeShippy scenes, while the original had scenes with Brock included as well.

PokeMasterCait

Pokeshipping and OrangeShipping <3 I'm such a fan girl when it comes to pokemon ships :) I love all shippings pretty much! But Pokeshipping is my all time favorite!!!!!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Really, all interpretations of these kinds of songs are subjective. Some may argue that High Touch! was PearlShippy, while others may not, for example.

High Touch was just about the friendship between Ash and Dawn, that's really all.

But it does make me wonder... why was 4Kids so interested in PokeShipping, anyway? They even changed the sequence of flashbacks Misty had (I think) at the end of OS so that they only contained PokeShippy scenes, while the original had scenes with Brock included as well.

I keep asking myself that too. Remember the The Heartbreak of Brock when Misty said that she and Ash will married one day too? Yeah, that's was only in the 4Kids dub. In the original version, she said, "look like she (Temacu) fell in love with him (Brock) at first sight." or something along those lines. But I know for a fact that it had nothing to do with marriage.

Blessed

Gotta Catch Ya Later flashbacks were focused on Misty in the Japanese version. 4Kids replaced that and put Poke scenes but in Misty's first Chronicle episode in the Japanese version, when she becomes a Gym Leader, she thinks to herself and says "Ash, I know you can't hear me, but I did it! I'm a Gym Leader! And you were right, I was able to do it on my own"

4kids added Brock into Misty's thougts as well when it was just Ash originally. I found that very ironic.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Pokeshipping definitely. For one, it's the only shipping here I can actually see happening.

But then again, Misty isn't a very shippable character, IMO unlike Ash and Nate haha

Shooti

Uber Trainer
A tough one to answer for me. Pokeshipping has hints that can't be matched with any other Misty-ship, it was obvious that Misty has feelings for Ash. But then again I tend to ship Ash more with Someone else. I really thought that it was nice to see Tracey and Misty interacting during hosos and also during the episode called "Right place and right mime". Voted for Orangeshipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.