• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Move Is Better?

Which Move is better?

• Stone Edge

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Rock Slide

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenGengar

Gengar Forever <3
In your opinion which move do you think is more reliable/better. Also please state a reason why you think it is.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Rock Slide. I've been leveling up a Rhyperior lately, and it seemks to work better for me because Stone Edge has terrible accuracy.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Stone Edge. It has great power, high critical hit rate, and when paired with any slight boost in battle, it's perfectly fine.

dd1zzle

It depends on the Pokémon, I truly feel. Overall I think that Stone Edge is better, but I wouldn't put it on a Pokémon, because it doesn't have very good accuracy compared to Rock Slide and doesn't have a good amount of PP.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Usually which move I choose depends on whether a Pokemon can know stone edge or not, and what I feel like teaching a Pokemon.

Usually it's Stone Edge that I prefer to teach just because of a high-critical hit ratio and its higher power.

Kalosian

So long
I have always liked Rock Slide better. The accuracy of Stone Edge can be really disappointing as it often misses in the worst possible situations.

cantab

I prefer Rock Slide. Stone Edge is significantly more powerful, but even though it's 80% accurate it feels more like 70%. Statistically, Stone Edge does miss twice as often as Rock Slide, which in turn misses twice as often as moves like Ice Beam. Back when I played a little competitive I used Breloom, and the stuff he was hitting with the rock move he needed to hit or it would KO him. Stone Edge let me down too often.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I personally like rock slide better, because it hits more that one pokemon in double battles, has more PP, and higher accuracy, even though stone edge is a stronger move and it has a high crit. rate

No. 1 Machop Fan

Stone Edge in Singles, Rock Slide in Doubles.

In your opinion which move do you think is more reliable/better. Also please state a reason why you think it is.

Rock slide is more reliable, and therefore, better. Stone Edge might be more useful in group battles, though, I guess.

100 power and 80 accuracy on a 5-PP move is mediocre at best, even with the boosted crit rate. Also Rock Slide's 30% chance of flinch means that, if the chips were just down that bad, it'd be a better choice than Stone Edge in a case where the opponent defends against rock.

ashsinnoh

Stone Edge because "Life Is Gamble" ^^
But honestly it depends on what Pokemon, what rules (VGC, OU) and what are you opting at. However, in competitive play Stone Edge is better.
Stone Edge = Life is gamble
Simple.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
It's kind of a toss up. Rockslide has better accuracy and more PP. It also hits multiple enemies if I'm not mistaken.
for Sheer power Stone Edge Rocks (no pun intended)

If a rock type I go with Rock Slide cause of STAB. If countering a weakness, (Torterra for Example,) I go with Stone Edge.

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
I actually prefer Rock Slide because it just seems more reliable and I am usually fighting in double battles for training.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Stone edge is undoubtedly better. Rock slide really should have 100% accuracy. However I use rock slide in BS, due to the hax.(Ive still had rock slide miss 3 times in a row.)