• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which moveset is best for my Blastoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
Which moveset do you think is best for my Blastoise?

1. Surf, Skull Bash, Earthquake, Hydrocannon
2. Surf, Icebeam, Earthquake, Hydrocannon
3. Surf, Mirrorcoat, Earthquake, Hyrocannon
4. Surf, Counter, Earhtquake, Hydrocannon
5. Hydro Pump, Icebeam, Earthquake, Hydrocannon
6. Rain Dance, Icebeam, Earthquake, Hydrocannon
7. Surf, Blizzard, Earthquake, Hydrocannon
8. Counter, Mirrorcoat, Icebeam, Hydrocannon
9. Surf, Protect, Counter, Hydrocannon
10. Surf, Protect, Mirrorcoat, Hydrocannon

If none of these sets are good enough for you, then give your own set that fits Blastoise perfectly. ;194;

brod

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Toxic
Protect
Surf
Counter/Mirror Coat

Since you seem to want something non-standard :eek:

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
hmm........toxic eh? NOT A BAD IDEA! tnx!

blueorbified

none of them it should be
surf
ice beam
mirror coat
toxic

edit; as Shiny trainer said 2 turn or recharging moves are mostly useless(what if it misses or does not KO the oppponent ,u r in damn danger .

Last edited:

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
ok........also a good set, tnx!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hydro Cannon has a charging time and can miss. Also, Surf in two turns does more damage than Hydro Cannon would in two turns.

Surf in two turns = 95 + 95 = 190
Hydro Cannon in two turns = 120 + 0 (charging) = 120

This is the reason why all Hyperbeam-like moves sucks :)

For the moveset, you can use what blueorbified said. But use Modest/Timid/Bold Nature, and give it Leftovers as its hold item.

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
ok.........tnx. You're probably right with the Hydro Cannon thing. Oh, right. I want my Blastoise to be more of a Tank than a Sweeper, so what moves can you suggest for it?

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
P.S. My Blastoise has a careful nature (+ Sp.Def, - Sp. Atk). Is dat ok for it to be a tank?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
No. Blastoise is a Special-based Pokemon, lowering its Special Attack stat is a bad thing.

Blastoise
Bold Nature (-Attack +Defense)
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Is also a nice moveset, but Sleep Talk is from Emerald Battle Frontier Move Tutor.....
If you don't have access to Emerald.....

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
~Protect
~Toxic
~Surf
~Ice Beam

A set that can work.

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
Wow, ok! Thanks!

If you want to use the Blastoise with a careful nature, I would suggest putting physical moves onto it such as Earthquake and Brick Break rather than Surf and Ice Beam. You could also use it as a subpuncher, like this:
Substitute
Focus Punch
Earthquake
Counter/Rest

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
Wow, ok...... a good choice too!

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
i would suggest you look at blastoise's stats and see what attacks it learns that best fit its stats, give a good hold item and never have 2 damaging moves of the same type on a poke'mon

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Give Blastoise the Leftovers and the following moveset:
-Surf
-Mirror Coat
-Counter
-Earthquake

golduck#1

dive why would you have dive. he alreayd has surf. i dont see the point in having dive. lol i would have eq, surf, toxic/ withdraw, and mirror coat

Highor

My wartortle is:

Hidro @ Hardy
- Surf
- Skull Bash
- Rain Dance
- Ice Bean

Status
Not open for further replies.