• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which new generation video game console you will buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I would go with Wii U (hopefully get one in few months) since it'll have "Xeno" game coming to the US for Wii U exclusive. Same goes for LoZ games. The PS4 and 720 doesn't interest me at this moment.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Gettin a wii u for the holidays.Gettin ps4 next year.May get a psv and I'll wait for info on Xbox 720.Already have a 3ds.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm going with Wii U and PS4. Microsoft doesn't tend to make games that I like (Y U no platformers?), so I'll probably stay away from 720 unless it has a unique gimmick that allows for 3rd party exclusives with innovative gameplay.

Zazie

So 1991
I am planning to buy none of them at the moment. I really don't want to have to buy a new console, particularly if only a handful of game are going to really interest me.

But I will agree with Charizard Champion that it is too early to be deciding when the new X-box hasn't even been announced yet. (unless you really want to get your hands on a Wii-U now anyway)

Rakansen

ラルフ
I already have a Wii U and I plan to get a Playstation 4. I've never really been happy with Microsoft's console lineup, so I probably won't get the 720.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
After the press confernece for the PS4, I'm still not sold since there might be a catch. I'll wait about 2-3 years for the PS4, that's where majority of the "good" games are release.

fhqwhgads

Xbox because I'm well-established in their system.

Not a PS4 because come on, not even moving my PS3 DOWNLOADS up? What the hell.

Build a gaming PC.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I'll probably be sticking with my PC for gaming but if I have to choose I'd probably go for the new PS4 for it's exclusives (mainly Uncharted and Gran Turismo).

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
It isn't a tad bit early to be asking this question considering that the Wii U only just launch, We just barely know about the PS4 and absolutely nothing about the next gen Xbox.

But to answer your question the Wii U and maybe the steam box depending on any further info about it and the PS4 thought it not being backward compatible is off putting and I have no real reason to buy one at launch when I just brought a PS3 in 2011.

You seem to be forgetting the Ouya, Steam Box and the Wii U.

Steam box?

i havent even gotten a ps3 yet, which i hope to get soon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Steam box?

Valve is planning on making a console which is simply a modified PC built to run Steam. I could probably go for it, but I'd need more games than Half Life and Portal to justify a purchase.

As far as games go for other consoles, here's what I'm thinking:

For Wii U, I'm waiting until after E3 most likely, when better games for it will be announced. There's not much going for it right now, and many of Nintendo's big franchises have yet to make an appearance on the console. The announcment of that new 3D Mario game will probably do it for me, but I'd also like to see new games for Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi (I know they announced that yarn based Yoshi game, but I'd need to see more gameplay to decide whether or not to buy that one), and Smash Bros. I'm thinking we'll get at least 2 or 3 of those at E3 this year.

PS4 has already announced a few interesting games, namely Knack, inFamous Second Son, and The Witness. I'll need to see a bit more gameplay for some of them, but I think I'm going to like those games. This is also likely going to be my go-to console for 3rd party games, like main series Sonic the Hedgehog games (which Nintendo consoles typically can't run).

I've already stated that I don't really have much interest in the 720 due to a lack of my favorite genres on this console, but an interesting gimmick with innovative 3rd party exclusives could warrant a purchase on this. There was a rumor a while back that supposedly Microsoft was working on virtual reality technology, and if that's true, I could easily see some interesting games coming out for this that I might want.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Not sure yet, it's mainly between the XBox 720 and the Playstation 4, though I have a feeling it will be the XBox 720 considering how much I play on the 360. Even so, most of the games I've played on the 360 were also available for the Playstation 3, so it could go either way.

I haven't really seen anything from the Wii-U that has impressed me, yet. I kind of have to agree with the other people who said it seems to be Nintendo's attempt to catch up rather than try get the first-mover advantage in the next gen market.

fhqwhgads

I haven't really seen anything from the Wii-U that has impressed me, yet. I kind of have to agree with the other people who said it seems to be Nintendo's attempt to catch up rather than try get the first-mover advantage in the next gen market.
If Nintendo wanted to catch up, they would have tried to catch up. That's the problem with that line of thinking.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If Nintendo wanted to catch up, they would have tried to catch up. That's the problem with that line of thinking.

This is true, Nintendo doesn't really have an interest in making a completely up to date games console with all the latest features, they'd rather have one that allows for unique and innovative gameplay at an affordable price. They're obviously not really competing with Sony and Microsoft.

xDWarrior

Probably the new Xbox. Seeing as they will probably eventually release a Halo game for it..

johno1995

Just for the new eventual Mario Kart and Smash Bros., I will be investing in a Wii U. And as a big zombie gamer, I'm in love with ZombiU just off of gameplay videos and want it for myself.

Between 720 and PS4, I wasn't really impressed with Sony's presentation for the PS4 so I can't say I've made up my mind. I will only get one of the two, because honestly I dont have the money nor the time for all 3.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm getting the 720 once I get Live again so I can transfer all my data before my 360 breaks

fhqwhgads

Oh wait.
And what if 720 has no backwards compatability like PS4?
Was the 360 built with a Cell like the PS3 was? Noooooope. People scoffed it off for being simple, but now the PS3 architecture is really biting Sony in the ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.