• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Nintendo System do you think did the best at E3 2011 (And Why)?

Who do you think did the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I was impressed by the Wii U the most. I'm glad a Nintendo console will finally have hi def, and the having a controller with a separate screen could let them do some really interesting things with future games. I'm excited to see what developers come up with =)

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
I voted for Wii U since it stole the show, but it was great to start to see some good games coming to the 3DS. I'm especially excited about Tekken, but I just cannot pick that system up until they increase battery life.

Shadow XD001

3DS, hands down. We only got like 1 or 2 main games for the Wii, and the Wii U was only just revealed, and didn't have any core titles shown. 3DS, however, had many core titles revealed, as well as release date. Since the Wii U might be released after E3 2012 we might be able to see a lot of stuff revealed about it then, but even if it's released before then, I'm sure we will see a lot of Wii U stuff next year.

Nyokou

Pokémon Gold
^ Agreed! I feel a bit sad for the Wii though, like it was neglected. Last year was so much better for Wii but as I understand, not a lot of people went out and bought the Wii games that were revealed last summer. Like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

But the 3DS, wow... I was a bit skeptical about getting one but now I'm totally sold! Especially with all the games they revealed. So far I have twelve 3DS games on my wanted list, not too bad!

Electivirus

Not really, no.
While I may have been impressed by the Wii U, little to no actual games were shown for it, aside from Lego City Stories and the dubious New Super Mario Bros. Mii.

The 3DS, on the other hand, put up a great show with plenty of awesome-looking first party titles slated for this fall/holiday/early 2012. No contest here.

JasonTongFlute

Poké Flautist
I was really impressed with the Wii U! It looked do cool!

But they didn't really announce many games for it :/

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I was dissapointed in E3 as a whole this year, and Nintendo wasn't an exception. We didn't really see much for the Wii U or Wii, or even the 3DS. But of what we have seen, I think the 3DS did the best, showing Luigi's Mansion and new demos for Kid Icarus and stuff.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I am interested in the Wii U I guess...
Hi-Definition Graphics and a touch controller is a very good idea. Just hate it how it reverts back to the gamecube style as well as being a fat Ipad size thing.

3DS was ok just hate the battery life.

Antithesis

3DS, easily. They (I think) succeeded in having a solid vision and attracting the hardcore gamer. The WiiU (along with an awful name) confused just about everyone and didn't show you a reason why you need the controller. There's a reason Nintendo stock dropped right away.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
NINTENDO GAMECUBE.
the Wii failed since Microsoft and Sony 1up'd the motion sensoring.
the Wii U will fail because it basically is the same concept.
3DS...it's new. Not much to say.

VS

they/she

DittoDude

The King of Town.

[/thread]

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
3DS stole the show. They showed nothing for the Wii but SS, and we only saw tech demos with Wii U.

Torpoleon

You sure? On IGN it has an article on a few of the games announced.
DarkGengar probably meant that SS was probably the only remotely good Wii game shown at E3. While I think SS is the best Wii game shown at E3, I still liked Mario Party 9, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games and Kirby Wii looks pretty good.

Well after that update thing being late that ninendo did, i kinda lost some trust in them, but after the e3, i have no doubt that nintendo will never die, and will always be the god of videogaming. The wii u at first sounded g*y(well still does) but the second controller thing was epic and the graphics were much better. But the 3DS totally overshadowed that. Super mario was awesome, mariokart looked much better, snake eater looks epic, so does starfox 64 and kid icarus. Luigis mansion's 3D effects were amazing, it literally was popping out(thats what she said), and legnd of zelda ocarina of time was amazing... and looks like a must buy for all nintendo 3DS owners(i had to buy it in amazon cuz they ran out of it in game stop >_>)

edit; oh yah forgot about new super smash bros, i hope theyll have KH characters, and maybe shadow =D even tho i doubt it -.-

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
3DS got some sweet games announced for it. And Super Smash Bros for 3DS and WiiU? I will buy both.

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
the bad thing with the 3ds (only my personal opinion i would like to stress) is the fact that i don't have good depth perception, meaning that 3d effects escape me -for the most part. as i can't appreciate the "wonders" that is the 3ds i think that the wii-u was my favorite nintendo e3 release.

hopefully it will lead to me going back to my nintendo roots (i used to only buy nintendo products... until the wii, then i moved over to the 360)