• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's Issuh pokemon do you think deserves to get the most screentime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
I believe Mijumaru should get the most screentime since Ash lacks a fully evolved water starter.Pokabu doesn't need any screentime because Last gen Ash's Infernape hogged all the spotlight and left his other Sinnoh pokemon with little development.As for the grass starter nope since after what happened to Torterra and how it lost every battle it was in lol,I doubt the writers will make the same mistake again.Charizard the fire starter,Sceptile the grass starter and Daikenki the water starter omg i can't contain my excitement x)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Mamepato...^^

Joe.

I believe Mijumaru should get the most screentime since Ash lacks a fully evolved water starter.Pokabu doesn't need any screentime because Last gen Ash's Infernape hogged all the spotlight and left his other Sinnoh pokemon with little development.

This is really boring now, yeah Infernape got a LOT of screentime/wins and Torterra got screwed, because Torterra had no interesting backstory, he got fat and got slow, nobody cares. Infernape DESERVED to have the most screen time in Sinnoh because it had the most important storyline to finish up.

Mirumaru should have the most screentime because he doesn't have a fully evolved water pokemon? Cookie Cookie ring a bell? Personally I hate Mijumaru's design and seeing it in the anime made me hate it more, I hope it evolves so it won't look like that anymore.

As for Pokabu shouldn't get much attention because Ash's other Fire Starters got plenty of it, I don't care, it's a different pokemon and shouldn't be ignored in favor of Mijumaru or anyone else because INFERNAPE was huge last season.

So to answer your question, after about 5 episodes, Mamepato because it's been ignored since it's capture episode, where it lost it's first battle.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
the sad clown otter should get the spotlight this time around. Its about time a water pokemon shines on Ash's team

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
It would be hilarious if Mamepato got more screentime.

At the time of this post, I think Mijumaru but Satoshi should complete his team first.

thunderblade12

They deserve equal screentime for once. One of them can clearly be slightly stronger than the other's as usual, but that doesn't need to effect their screentime.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
What thunderblade said, with Miju being the strong one.

Also, nice subtle bashing of Infernape there.

TerraWolf

Banned
I believe Mijumaru should get the most screentime since Ash lacks a fully evolved water Pokemon since Kingler. Pokabu doesn't need any screentime because Last gen Ash's Infernape hogged all the spotlight and left his other Sinnoh pokemon with little development.As for the grass starter nope since after what happened to Torterra and how it lost every battle it was in lol,I doubt the writers will make the same mistake again.Charizard the fire starter,Sceptile the grass starter and Daikenki the water starter omg i can't contain my excitement x)

Fixed it for you.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why would we wish that? we should wish the writers gave equal screentime to all of them, even if we know thats not going to happen.

So yes none, or rather all of them deserve the same.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
I agree with thunderblade, none should have more screen time than the others, spare the walking Pikachu.

Though I do expect Mijumaru to get extra screen time. Its personality is more stand-out, and so far and when it comes out there is usually some sort of act for it to do. When it evolves this might tone down.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
This is really boring now, yeah Infernape got a LOT of screentime/wins and Torterra got screwed, because Torterra had no interesting backstory, he got fat and got slow, nobody cares. Infernape DESERVED to have the most screen time in Sinnoh because it had the most important storyline to finish up.

Mirumaru should have the most screentime because he doesn't have a fully evolved water pokemon? Cookie Cookie ring a bell? Personally I hate Mijumaru's design and seeing it in the anime made me hate it more, I hope it evolves so it won't look like that anymore.

As for Pokabu shouldn't get much attention because Ash's other Fire Starters got plenty of it, I don't care, it's a different pokemon and shouldn't be ignored in favor of Mijumaru or anyone else because INFERNAPE was huge last season.

So to answer your question, after about 5 episodes, Mamepato because it's been ignored since it's capture episode, where it lost it's first battle.

Ok whats your problem with Torterra? Just because hes fat and slow doesn't mean we dont care about it :') Infernapes storyline was recycled from *cough* Charizard *cough*.

Trainer_Kay

Which deserves the most screentime?
oh, for sure the hasn't-been-confirmed-or-even-mentioned 6th poke that Ash will get on his team. Starters are overrated.
hahaha just kidding.(unless this becomes true, and then i will laugh)
To answer for reals: Mamepato. Let's use the regional bird for something other than looking Team Rocket's ballon every other episode 'k?

Which one will get the most screentime?
Mijumaru. His fight for Ash's attention with Pikachu will rake in some serious screentime. Not to mention some serious laughs and Piplup imitations.

Joe.

Ok whats your problem with Torterra? Just because hes fat and slow doesn't mean we dont care about it :') Infernapes storyline was recycled from *cough* Charizard *cough*.

Right, it was improved upon, so it only makes sense that Infernape would be his most important/arguably strongest pokemon in that region, especially considering the trainer that abused and abandoned him was Ash's main rival for that season.

I don't "hate" Torterra, but between seeing Ash's and Paul's I'd say that pokemon got excellent screen time, Ash's lost all the time to show that it was no where near the level of Paul's, I hope we see it in the next league if he uses reserves again, but I'm just saying, there's no reason to hate on Infernape, they made him the star of the season, get over it and move on.

Come to think of it, I'd say the only pokemon that didn't get enough screentime because of Infernape would be Torterra, all of his other pokemon did something important.

Buizel beating Floatzel
Staraptor beating Honchcrow
Gliscor being weak, going into training, coming back stronger than ever against Paul
Gible mastered Draco Meteor, and damaged a Darkrai
Pikachu...well he tied with a Latios meh

Not as big as Infernape was, but that's because he was meant to be the star.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Mijumaru. It seems like that in the few episodes until now. I have a feeling that its final evolution will be the one to get the most screentime and the final battle vs Shooti, like Infernape vs Paul.

ok i have thought this over and have came to a conclusion,
For screentime in general i would want all of them to be a balanced part of ashes team and life
But when it comes to battles theres one thing i have to say: PIKACHU WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? seriously in kanto he was the strongest pokémon around, but since then pikachu has slowly lost more and more battles (most saddening is Shooties begginer tsutarja), my theory is that whenever there is another powerhouse on ashes team, the writers "dumb down" pikachu to make (you know who) seem strong as heck, i kinda just wish pikachu was left the powerhouse supa-mascot he was born to be. (Pikachu is a lesson to all the trainers out there to ev-train your pokémon)

Status
Not open for further replies.