• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's old Pokemon will return in the rest of Battle Frontier?

rjendo

So far we've had:
Battle Factory: Charizard
Battle Arena: Snorlax

Any Guesses for the rest?
Mine:
Battle Dome: Pidgeot
BAttle Pike: Muk
Battle Pyramid: Bayleef
Battle Palace: Noctowl
Battle Tower: Squirtle/Bulbasaur

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
My guesses:

Bulbasaur (almost a shoe-in do to it's popularity with the writers)

Squirtle (if Charizard and Bulbasaur return, they can't leave Squirtle out. Not to mention seeing Ash's Squirtle meet May's Squirtle should be fun)

Muk/Tauros: I can see one of these returning depending on the situation.

Heracross: A good bet depending if Ash needs a powerhouse.

Honestly, I don't see his Johto team returning. They may return for some lesser battles, but not for the Brains.

This is a Kanto season, and the writers will advertise Ash's Kanto Pokemon. Charizard and Snorlax happened to be the most popular, which is why they returned first.

I'd expect either Bulbasaur or Squirtle will be next.

Well it would appear that a Pokemon would return in each facillity, so which makes the whole BF saga into a returning season that ignores all Emerald rules which makes it gyms as I said. However my teacher did say "two dots makes a line not a pattern" so in other words it may just be these two but knowing the writers yeah one for each one.

Well i'm wanting for Torkoal to come back (DUH!) but it did get shafted in Hoenn so theres a small chance it'll come back. Even more likely though is Glalie I can just see the thing getting a ton of screen time, well even more to add to the hoenn league constant winning thing, I know everyone is saying about Ash's Kanto pokemon returning but come on Glalie is sure too appear if its not just kanto pokemon getting in on the action.

As for Kanto pokemon I would like to return its mostly just Muk, Tauros and Kingler I see. Well Kingler got smashed with voltorb remember in the johto league and never got to battle so it may get its reward for missing out if you get my meaning. Muk just needs time since its so cool and Tauros doesn't get much time and needs some. So as you can see my bets are on Tauros, Kingler and Muk, however if itis johto/hoenn too then its gonna be Glalie.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up, but if they ARE planning on having old team members show their face in each Frontier battle then I'd say the Catch n' Oak squad are the most likely candidates. So, thats Muk, Kingler, Heracross and Tauros down.
Other pokémon that I'd assume would make a comeback would be a handful of the Johto squad, including the likes of Bayleef and Noctowl. I'm not expecting appearences from any Cyndaquils or Totodiles.

I also think it would be interesting to have one of the Facilities rely on double battles. It would be interesting to see how certain pokémon under Ash's command would interact in a battle.

I don't understand why people are only assuming that Kanto pokémon are the only ones going to be taking part in all this. If that was the case, then why the hell would they have Ash take Phanpy along with him?

I'll E-throttle them if Bulbasaur sticks his nose in. Seriously, I really am sick of that thing.
Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Haunter, Larvitar. Those are all nothing more than wishful thinking

Last edited:
Gravy said:
Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Haunter, Larvitar. Those are all nothing more than wishful thinking
Exactly since Ash has no way to get in touch with them except finding them randomly.

Pidgeot: In some forest
Butterfree: God only knows
Primeape: Training however no longer owned
Lapras: Orange Islands i'd imagine maybe its still in Johto
Haunter: He never owned it really so who cares?
Larvitar: Mt.Silver

But if someone says Charizard, he still owns it and has a way of getting in touch cause of Liza so Charizard is always a chance but with those guys hardly a chance since there all in the wild or with one time charecters.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think that Bulbasaur are very likely to appear. They were popular and strong, and Ash has access to them. He can just call Oak for Bulbasaur and, if I remember correctly, one of the Brains is in or near Vermillion City. That means that Ash could run into Vermillion's Officer Jenny he'd have Squirtle. And that is assuming that Ash doesn't have some other way to keep in touch with that Jenny and Squirtle like he does with Liza and Charizard.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Tauros: I would love for this thing to come back! :D I loved the fact that Ash used it in the Johto League!

Cyndaquil: I want this to come back for one reason - evolving to Quilava!! [/wishful thinking]

Muk: It could smother Brandon. ^_^

Squirtle/Totodile: I don't care which, I just want one of the water starters to come back. Or both, that'd be cool.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I definitely want Bayleef to return, she'd be a powerful pokemon for him to compete with. :) Noctowl would be great too.

RandomCharizard

rjendo said:
So far we've had:
Battle Factory: Charizard
Battle Arena: Snorlax

Any Guesses for the rest?
Mine:
Battle Dome: Pidgeot
BAttle Pike: Muk
Battle Pyramid: Bayleef
Battle Palace: Noctowl
Battle Tower: Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Ell Oh Ell,pidgeot?We all wish >_<

Anyway I predict Squirtle will come back to meet its squirtle friend ;o.
Noctowl's a pretty good predition too.

JazzJazz

Despite was some of you have said, I hope the possibility of his old pokemon returning isn't restricted to those from Kanto. Some of the pokemon he obtained in Johto were awesome and definitely deserve a return... it's not impossible, it worked for phanpy.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
On the subject of Double Battles and interaction, I'd pay to see a double battle with Kingler and Corphish. That battle would rock, not to mention a Blubasaur and Squirtle, which would be good. I'm noticing one thing here, the old Pokémon seem to be coming back with new attacks, or at least, Charizard with Dragonbreath/Overheat and Snorlax with the strange glowing thing he is doing in the trailer. If this is a new attack, then this could show us that at least some of the oldies will come back fresh with a new attack. I could see Kingler with something new, like a better water attack, since it only knows Bubble and Crabhammer (Then again, it's really good anyway with its Hyper Beam)

Hunter

Tazzler

strange glowing thing
Hyper beam I think....

I would love to have pidgeot appear when Ash gets to battle a brain.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
JazzJazz said:
Johto were awesome and definitely deserve a return... it's not impossible, it worked for phanpy.

Pretty much because Phanpy was the Snorunt/Glalie of Johto, caught way too late and the writers barely had time to do anything with it.

The only difference is Snorunt evolved thus fullfilling it's potential, but Phanpy hasn't.

I'll say one thing, I'd be shocked if Ash didn't have a Donphan by the time the Frontier saga ends. His "last slot" Pokemon almost always evolves, and Phanpy can be considered in the same batch as the "Catch N' Oak" guys...who are all evolved forms themselves.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
I think with Snorlax, and Charizard out of the Mix. Ash should use Tauros who mainly IMO was used in The Battle against Orange Drake, Muk who really hasn't gotten any screen time besides the Leagues. Kingler the pokemon who most needs to get some action, Either Cyndaquil or Totodile just not Bayleaf. Maybe Heracross or just use Phanpy in a battle. My hopeful choices would be Pidgeot since it's In Kanto somewhere, and Squirtle for it's potential reaction with May's.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
I'll say one thing, I'd be shocked if Ash didn't have a Donphan by the time the Frontier saga ends. His "last slot" Pokemon almost always evolves, and Phanpy can be considered in the same batch as the "Catch N' Oak" guys...who are all evolved forms themselves.

Patterns aren't much to go by when speculating about the anime... you shouldn't be sold on a donphan just becuase of other "last slot" pokemon evolving in the past.

S

Smeargle_artist

Ash left all his pokemon in kanto, so, maybe his butterfree will come with his "wife" and new children, or pidgeor, primeape too, with new training.

Heracross

Custom User Title
All I have to say about this is that Satoshi damn well better use Heracross at some point in this miserable saga.