• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's old Pokemon will return in the rest of Battle Frontier?

Argy

ARGY VERY QUESTION
Let's see, he uses Lizardon because he doesn't have a Fire-type on his team anymore. He uses Kabigon because he doesn't have a Normal-type. It seems logical that he'd only call in Pokémon that are of types OTHER than what are in his usual party. Why call in Bayleaf or Fushigidane when Juptile is right there?

JazzJazz

Argy said:
Let's see, he uses Lizardon because he doesn't have a Fire-type on his team anymore. He uses Kabigon because he doesn't have a Normal-type. It seems logical that he'd only call in Pokémon that are of types OTHER than what are in his usual party. Why call in Bayleaf or Fushigidane when Juptile is right there?

Did he ever specifically say that he wanted charizard as it was a fire-type? And how do we know he'd calling for snorlax as it's a normal-type? I's say that bayleef and bulbasaur have as much chance as any of Ash's other pokemon of being "temps" on his team.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
[waves around a giant flag with a picture of Bayleaf on it]

ベイリーフ、ベイリーフ、戻れベイリーフ!ベイリーフ、ベイリーフ、戦えベイリーフ!
Beiriifu, Beiriifu, modore Beiriifu! Beiriifu, Beiriifu, tatakae Beiriifu!
(Bayleaf, Bayleaf, you can come back, Bayleaf! Bayleaf, Bayleaf, you can kick some a**, Bayleaf!)

As you can see, I really want Bayleaf to make a comeback. She's my favorite of Satoshi's current reserves, and much like Gravy, I will be extremely POed if that friggin frog with a pre-pubescent plant on its back comes in and upstages her again. As if it didn't show off enough when Satoshi recently returned to Ookido's lab, both Housou specials featuring the reserve Pokemon, the Shirogane tournament, not to mention all that time it was in Satoshi's party. With Pokemon XD, maybe they should get Bayleaf to learn Frenzy Plant, show up Fushigidane and his fancy-a** Solar Beam for once. But if Bayleaf manages to be properly showcased at all in this thus-far-crappy saga, I'll be extremely pleased.

I really hope that the Battle Frontier doesn't end up just being another opportunity to over-showcase Satoshi's Kantou batch, much like the Shirogane tournament. Sadly, those possibilities are high, seeing as the writers STILL want to advertise Fire Red/Leaf Green so badly, and the fact that Satoshi hasn't been making much use of his current team since this arc started (much like how his Jouto team kept being pushed aside in the end) is another frightening factor.

Tazzler

Torkoal Stu said:
Exactly since Ash has no way to get in touch with them except finding them randomly.

Pidgeot: In some forest
Butterfree: God only knows
Primeape: Training however no longer owned
Lapras: Orange Islands i'd imagine maybe its still in Johto
Haunter: He never owned it really so who cares?
Larvitar: Mt.Silver

But if someone says Charizard, he still owns it and has a way of getting in touch cause of Liza so Charizard is always a chance but with those guys hardly a chance since there all in the wild or with one time charecters.
Pidgeot I think is in a forest near Pallet Town.

F

Flying Tropius

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ said:
Against Azami,I think Satoshi should use Tauros,it needs to come back <_<
Which one? there's 30 of 'em!

F

Flying Tropius

the one he used in orange league? yeah but how can he tell? they all look the same!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
It would be amusing to see what would happen if he got sent the wrong Tauros. Maybe the dumbass of the herd, or perhaps the runt? Or even a psychotic one that charges around like a bull in a china shop. Heh....

F

Factory Head Noland

Hopefully Bayleef, Heracross, Cyndaquil, Noctowl and Totodile.

I'm glad Phanpy's back and Snorlax is making an appearance.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
The one he always uses, it's the same Tauros we're led to believe, which is why one Tauros is much closer with Ash than all the others.

When has it been shown that one tauros in the herd is closer to Ash than they others?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ When Ash called Oak, there were all his reserves in the backround smiling at Ash. Only one Tauros was there, and it smiled when Ash chose Tauros over the others to use in a league battle.

A Tauros wouldn't run up to the telephone screen to greet Ash if it was just like all the others. Clearly one of them seems to like him more than the others, which is why I assume he uses the same one each time. The others just run around in the fields.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
A Tauros wouldn't run up to the telephone screen to greet Ash if it was just like all the others. Clearly one of them seems to like him more than the others, which is why I assume he uses the same one each time. The others just run around in the fields.

Perhaps Oak thought it was a miltank and was trying to get some milk for his cereal when Ash called? Seriously though, I see your point... though it would be nice if there was a feature on the "special" tauros to make it stand out from the others.

Squirtle_007

Well ... there´s just five Battle Frontier sites remain, I don´t know the order of the remaining sites, I think they´ll gonna have new attacks and I believe that the chosen Pokémon will be:

SQUIRTLE: The Hydro Pumping Water-type Pokémon that can interact with Haruka´s baby Squirtle and teach it a couple of tricks, I think it´s gonna know Water Pulse
BULBASAUR: A powerful Pokémon with technical Grass-type attacks, I think it´s gonna know Petal Dance
HERACROSS: The only Bug-type in Satoshi´s arsenal and a very enduring Pokémon, I think it´s gonna know Endure
BAYLEEF: A powerful Pokémon and very loyal to Satoshi, I think it´s gonna know Sweet Scent
KINGLER: The Water-type powerhouse, it can make a very good couple with Corphish in a Double Battle

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Squirtle_007 said:
HERACROSS: The only Bug-type in Satoshi´s arsenal and a very enduring Pokémon, I think it´s gonna know Endure

BAYLEEF: A powerful Pokémon and very loyal to Satoshi, I think it´s gonna know Sweet Scent
Both of those pokémon already know those moves~

Squirtle_007

That´s the disadvantage of watching Pokémon in spanish ... are you sure?, well, I don´t know about Heracross, but ... wasn´t Nanako´s Chikorita the one who knows Sweet Scent?

Squirtle_007

D´oh ... my memory is really bad ... thanks for the correction ... well ... in that case ... I think Heracross is gonna know ... well ... I don´t know ... Earthquake?