• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's old Pokemon will return in the rest of Battle Frontier?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Haunter and Larvitar will NEVER EVER return. How many of Ash's pokemon have left completely and then returned? Lapras, and that was the most recent departure. It won't happen. Sorry.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
ChaosMage said:
Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Haunter and Larvitar will NEVER EVER return. How many of Ash's pokemon have left completely and then returned? Lapras, and that was the most recent departure. It won't happen. Sorry.

Nobody knows for certain, the writers are capable of anything.

~Flareon~

Maybe Ash will use old & new pokemon in the Battle Frontier, here are the pokemon he was using against each battle facility(not sure yet):
Battle Factory: Charizard
Battle Arena: Grovyle, Snorlax
Battle Dome: Swellow, Corphish
Battle Pike: Donphan, Pikachu
Battle Palace: Heracross, Pikachu, Sceptile(If Grovyle evolves)
Battle Pyramid: Glalie, Torkoal, Charizard
Battle Tower: Crawdaunt(If Corphish evolves(Not quite sure), Heracross

Last edited:

JazzJazz

ChaosMage said:

As crawdauntpro said, never rule anything out. Sure, many of the pokemon Ash has released will never come back... but there's still a chance for anything to happen.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
JazzJazz said:
As crawdauntpro said, never rule anything out. Sure, many of the pokemon Ash has released will never come back... but there's still a chance for anything to happen.

Thank you, I don't trust the writers as far as I could throw them in regards to the storyline and recurring Characters and Pokemon.

Haunter and Larvitar were never Ash's.
And Butterfree has mated.
So only Lapras, Pidgeot, and Primeape have any chance of coming back, the most likely being Primeape.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
Haunter and Larvitar were never Ash's.
And Butterfree has mated.
So only Lapras, Pidgeot, and Primeape have any chance of coming back, the most likely being Primeape.

If that, remember that we met that fighter pokemon trainer in mid Johto and he said that he was training for he P1 Grand Pre, and Ash made no refrence to his Primeape. Though Primeape does have the most likely chance of returning, I'm not placing any bets.

Meganium

I see most of Ash's guys to make an appearance at least. Squirtle in my opnion is going to make a filler type entrance due to it actually being somewhere in Kanto. As for others I think it'll go something like this:

Battle Pike- I see a three on three or a one on one. Donphan I think is the most likely choice, I see it versus Seviper. Others to consider- Pikachu because it actually hasn't battled yet. Very weird. Torkoal/Cyndaquill, she may have Steelix. Also Totadile maybe to fight a Shuckle.

Battle Palace- PIKACHU. This facility is all about trust and Ash doesn't trust anyone more than this guy. I'm guessing a two on two. He uses Swellow/Grovyle and it looses so he puts all trust in Pika.

Battle Tower- I see the reappearance of Glalie here since its been so uber in the past. This feels like a Grovyle match as well. Also I can see Muk or Heracross returning for some tank power.

Battle Pyramid- I think Pikachu is definite as well as Grovyle. I do see another Charizard possibility, but think its glory was in the first Ep against Articuno. I also see Swellow or Donphan as the third.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Meganium said:
I see most of Ash's guys to make an appearance at least. Squirtle in my opnion is going to make a filler type entrance due to it actually being somewhere in Kanto. As for others I think it'll go something like this:

Personally i think Squirtle will be used in a later facility, not just a filler episode, after all there are some people (too many to mention) who would be mad if it doesn't.

Battle Pike- I see a three on three or a one on one. Donphan I think is the most likely choice, I see it versus Seviper. Others to consider- Pikachu because it actually hasn't battled yet. Very weird. Torkoal/Cyndaquill, she may have Steelix. Also Totadile maybe to fight a Shuckle.

I think Muk(poison match) will be used along with Donphan, and (assuming a three on three) probably Corphish, i don't see the jouto pokemon other than Donphan and posibly Heracross picking up much heat during this saga unless the writers decide to evolve both Grovyle and Corphish which would result in a trade for the three starters and Noctowl.

Battle Palace- PIKACHU. This facility is all about trust and Ash doesn't trust anyone more than this guy. I'm guessing a two on two. He uses Swellow/Grovyle and it looses so he puts all trust in Pika.

Remember the facilities do not go by the game standards so pikachu won't be heavily relied upon, heck it hasn't even faught in a facility yet.

Battle Tower- I see the reappearance of Glalie here since its been so uber in the past. This feels like a Grovyle match as well. Also I can see Muk or Heracross returning for some tank power.

If it's not a Sceptile by this point i hope Grovyle evolves during this match, Glalie or Heracross would be a good choice, and also Squirtle.

Battle Pyramid- I think Pikachu is definite as well as Grovyle. I do see another Charizard possibility, but think its glory was in the first Ep against Articuno. I also see Swellow or Donphan as the third.

Okay i have say Charizard has a very high possibility for coming back for this match for a couple of reasons.

1.this is probably going to be the toughest of the frontier leaders.
2.Brandon could either have the regi's or three really powerful pokemon which Ash's current line up will not be able to take down with out some back-up

Personally i hope Ash loses the first time and has to come back posibly after the Sevii Islands which he would get Charizard and have it learn Blast Burn return and win with it, Sceptile, and Snorlax.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Almighty Zard said:
Personally i think Squirtle will be used in a later facility, not just a filler episode, after all there are some people (too many to mention) who would be mad if it doesn't.

I think Muk(poison match) will be used along with Donphan, and (assuming a three on three) probably Corphish, i don't see the jouto pokemon other than Donphan and posibly Heracross picking up much heat during this saga unless the writers decide to evolve both Grovyle and Corphish which would result in a trade for the three starters and Noctowl.

Remember the facilities do not go by the game standards so pikachu won't be heavily relied upon, heck it hasn't even faught in a facility yet.

If it's not a Sceptile by this point i hope Grovyle evolves during this match, Glalie or Heracross would be a good choice, and also Squirtle.

Okay i have say Charizard has a very high possibility for coming back for this match for a couple of reasons.

1.this is probably going to be the toughest of the frontier leaders.
2.Brandon could either have the regi's or three really powerful pokemon which Ash's current line up will not be able to take down with out some back-up

Personally i hope Ash loses the first time and has to come back posibly after the Sevii Islands which he would get Charizard and have it learn Blast Burn return and win with it, Sceptile, and Snorlax.

Pikachu will be used at one of the remaining facilities, and i wouldn't mind a poison type smack down between Seviper and Muk, and i would like to see Torkaol, a Tauros or two, Totodile and Cyndiqual all being used at different facilities. (Imagines a Tauros vs Stantler battle at the Battle Tower)

C

Crash CSIQ

squitle was awesome eether him or bulbasaur should come back and they should evole in the middle of the battle . like they did with alot of other pokemon. (Charizard is all by himself as the only 3 stage poke mon fully evolved)

Edit:And cuz he should actually evolve someone from kanto.....it just makes him look weak..IF the game and show were alike then it would probly say that most his pookemon below level 18 or 16

hi 5

Can you see it?
I would like to see bulbasaur return and evolve.Mabye totadile might return too.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Butterfree cannot come back - he's died (unless they DIDNT have babies).

But I really hope Pidgeot comes back.
Ash: "I'll come back for you sometime"

Im sure he should get Pidgeot back sometime....

JazzJazz

skarmachild said:
But I really hope Pidgeot comes back.
Ash: "I'll come back for you sometime"

Im sure he should get Pidgeot back sometime....

Don't believe Ash he (or the writer the wrote the script) is a damn liar... chances are that pidgeot is all but forgotten by Ash (or, again, the writers).

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
skarmachild said:
Butterfree cannot come back - he's died (unless they DIDNT have babies).QUOTE]

News flash Butterfree is still alive just forgotten by the idiot writers.
WE MUST MAKE THEM REMEBER ASH'S BUTTERFREE (and PIDGOET FOR THAT MATTER.)

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
If Brandon has all 3 regis. (Doubt it).
Ash will use: Charizard or Cyndaquil, Donphan, Totodile or Squirtle or Bayleef. SOmethign like that.

If Brandon has any old pokemon Ash will probably use those pokemon anyway...

For the Battle Pike im predicting a 3 on 3.
Ash: Donphan
Old pokemon from the past
Pikachu (Mayb)

Lucy: Seviper (Has to. If not, thats just sad...)
Another posion type.
A psychic type, a bug type or Shuckle.