• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's old Pokemon will return in the rest of Battle Frontier?

JazzJazz

Churly said:
To you who DOES need to evolve?

I don't think any pokemon ever needs to evolve... the writers could have a pokemon accomplish anything in its current form if they so desired.

L

Light-Dragon_Ryu

Lil Brother said:
Hmm. I would assume only his old Knato Pokemon would return. *makes a list of them* The ones I have highlighted I hope return this saga:

Butterfree
Primeape
Kingler
Pidgeot
Lapras
Squrtle
Tauros
Muk
Bulbasaur (who should mate with May's Bulbasaur! Pretty please!?)

I thought butterfree died after they mated...
anyway, I'd like to see Okorizaru, Pigeot, and Betbeton return. Haruka already has a Zenigame and maybe if Satoshi's was to return it might be evolved.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Edward_Elric1127 said:
anyway, I'd like to see Okorizaru, Pigeot, and Betbeton return. Haruka already has a Zenigame and maybe if Satoshi's was to return it might be evolved.
Ugh, damn it! That Butterfree rumor will never die!

And Ash's Squirtle evolution is just as likely as Charizard's. May's, however, could.

Thibideau

Beautiful Midnight
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place. I also think Totodile/Kingler and Heracross/Primeape would be good bets. Since May has both Squirtle and Bulbasaur I doubt they would use those two.

JazzJazz

Thibideau said:
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place.

He only did it so that it could protect all of the pidgey from fearow and its spearow cronies... that's thoughtful, not dumb.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes, but Ash is dumb for not at least checking up on his Pidgeot again like he promised to do after the countless times he returned to Kanto.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after the Orange Islands ended, he didn't.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after Johto ended, he didn't.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after Hoenn ended, he didn't.

And to make matters worse, Ash is even traveling IN Kanto this time for goodness sakes and he STILL won't go and check on his Pidgeot.

I'm sure by now, at least 2 or so years since Ash left it, that some of the other Pidgeotto evolved to protect their flock or the Fearow/Spearow don't bother them anymore.

It's just sad the way the writers keep screwing around Pidgeot. Sure he has Swellow now, but Pidgeot was darling. And Pidgeot would probably be just as strong or even better than Swellow if he actually used it in battle.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Thibideau said:
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place. I also think Totodile/Kingler and Heracross/Primeape would be good bets. Since May has both Squirtle and Bulbasaur I doubt they would use those two.

Um, why not? Just because May has Bulbasaur and Squirtle doesn't mean Ash can't use his own.

Besides, they have different enough personalities to not be repeats of each other. I mean, unless Ash and May's Bulbasaur decide to mate with each other back at Oaks and are too cozy making love, at least Ash could bring his Squirtle back to give a few pointers to May's Squirtle.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
Yes, but Ash is dumb for not at least checking up on his Pidgeot again like he promised to do after the countless times he returned to Kanto.

Ash isn't dumb, the writers might be, but not Ash...

*Surprised to see you double-post CyberCubed.*

L

Light-Dragon_Ryu

Thibideau said:

I would love Waninoko to return!! (Die Heigani!!!)
and since Satoshi has no Fire and Fighting maybe Hinoarashi(hopefully evolving into Magumarashi) and Herakurosu will return!

Waninoko must never evolve!

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Edward_Elric1127 said:
and since Satoshi has no Fire and Fighting maybe Hinoarashi(hopefully evolving into Magumarashi) and Herakurosu will return!

and why must Waninoko never evolve Edward Elric?

DSRGBA

Edward_Elric1127 said:

whats the hells a Satoshi Waninoko Herakurosu Magumarashi Hinoarashi

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Edward_Elric1127 said:
nah thats Butterflys. Butterfree very well might be alive and well and if not, Butterfrees son!

DSRGBA said:
whats the hells a Satoshi Waninoko Herakurosu Magumarashi Hinoarashi
Satoshi is Ash. Alot of people use the Japanese names. Basicly the japanese names for

Ash, Totodile, Heracross, and Cyndaquil

Last edited:
I think it's absurd to expect Butterfree to return. Anyway, it wasn't all that great a battler.
I think Heracross and Bayleef may make appearances, but I wouldn't place bets on any others (except possibly Tauros).

JazzJazz

DEMONCAMERUPT said:
and why must Waninoko never evolve Edward Elric?

I guess Edward_Elric1127 worries that totodile might lose its unique character (which I like as well) if it were to evolve... but I think the writers would find a way to handle it.

L

Light-Dragon_Ryu

JazzJazz said:
I guess Edward_Elric1127 worries that totodile might lose its unique character (which I like as well) if it were to evolve... but I think the writers would find a way to handle it.

Exactly! Waninoko was one of my favorite of Satoshi's pokemon(I love the dance) I can't see Arigeitsu dancing.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Edward_Elric1127 said:
Exactly! Waninoko was one of my favorite of Satoshi's pokemon(I love the dance) I can't see Arigeitsu dancing.

Really I can see a three stages dacing like silly in very comical ways who knows the writers may actually keep Totodile's happy go lucky dancing style after they evovle it to Croconaw and maybe even (If they let it get this far) Feraligator.

C

Crash CSIQ

Gaiash said:
the only released Pokemon that have a large chance of return are those he left with other trainers (except Beedrill)

Its an anime anything can happen. Do you see people in real life hoo drop their mouth to the ground. Or see people who are actually phycic

Shin Ura Yuuki

Red's Follower
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
I think it's absurd to expect Butterfree to return. Anyway, it wasn't all that great a battler.
I think Heracross and Bayleef may make appearances, but I wouldn't place bets on any others (except possibly Tauros).

I don't think that's entirely fair to Butterfree. It only got to hang around for about 20 episodes, and the writers didn't even take advantage of the fact that Butterfree could learn Psychic attacks like the manga did. I'm sure if Butterfree got to stick around for a while longer, he could've been one of Ash's most powerful Pokémon.

M

Magi of all

Shin Ura Yuuki said:
I don't think that's entirely fair to Butterfree. It only got to hang around for about 20 episodes, and the writers didn't even take advantage of the fact that Butterfree could learn Psychic attacks like the manga did. I'm sure if Butterfree got to stick around for a while longer, he could've been one of Ash's most powerful Pokémon.

Yeah, it could have been great, but we all have to face facts.

GOD HATES COOL POKEMON.

Anything with the potential to make Ash a power house (Pidgeot, Primape, Butterfree(not so much), Glalie, Torkaol, and anything form Jhoto other than Phanpy, and the Laritar and Haunter he never really owned) has to be gotten rid of imediately.

Along the same lines, if May could get any pokemon that is not cute or marketable, she must not get it. Brocks law just says that he can't have any useful or interesting pokemon what so ever. Max has no law, hes just annoying.

Where was I going with this...? Oh yeah. Basically, Ash has to be the good kid in every ocasion and release pokemon when by all logic he should keep them. It always happens.

(I am fully aware as to WHY he releases the pokemon, I'm just saying it makes very little sense, but then again what else does)