• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's Past Companions Does He Have The Closet Bond To?

Closest Companion/Best Friend

• Misty

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Brock

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Tracey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

• Max

• Dawn

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Iris

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Cilan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Pretty straightforward. Out of all the people Ash has traveled with in the past (I'm excluding the XY Trio because he hasn't traveled a full region with them) who, in your opinion, is he closest to in terms of friendship?
I know it sounds awkward but you know what I'm trying to say

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I went with Brock because he's traveled with Ash the longest and the two gave me "best friends" vibes whenever they interacted with Brock being the older adviser to his younger protege, particularly in AG and DP when Misty left.

Last edited:

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I'd have to say Brock. Besides the fact that he's traveled with Ash the longest, he strikes me as someone whom Ash would confide things to without even thinking about it. Other than that, he always had a reason to come back to Ash's group, up until he found his "true calling" as a Pokemon doctor. That shows a lot of loyalty to his friends.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Just because Brock stayed the longest doesn't mean he's the most loyal. He just had nothing better to do until he realized he was making zero progress toward his goal for like 4 regions and decided to become a doctor.

Granted Brock probably was intended to be Ash's best friend, moreso than any of the girls, so I can see why people are choosing him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Dawn or Brock, because Dawn was really close to him, like she was his sister or something and Brock because he felt like he was Ash's best friend.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I can't really answer this question without feeling a pain in my stomach. I'm thinking Pikachu just might top everyone over all. I would say Brock but in DP it kind of felt like either Ash had other things on his mind or he didn't seem like he cared rather he was there anymore or not. Spend so much time with a certain someone for a whole lot and even they might not care for a while.

chalkus

It's between Brock and Dawn. Brock knows Ash better than anyone else and Dawn is closer to Ash in personality than anyone else. No one else comes close.

xEryChan

Demon Child
For me, it's between Dawn and Brock. Brock and Ash traveled together for so long and they know each other better then anyone else does. Ash seemed to be a lot closer to Dawn then he was with any of his other female traveling companions excluding Serena, I haven't seen much of XY to judge their bond so yeah.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Obviously Pikachu.

I feel Ash and Brick had overall the strongest "best friend" feeling, not just because he journeyed with Ash longest out of anyone but because it feels like Brock could almost be an older brother figure to Ash. For a while he was the main voice of reason, trying to be a bit of a backbone for Ash and help him do what was right. He never got into any fights with Ash like all the other female companions did [at least I can't remember any], even trying to break up most of said squabbles, and was honestly pretty damn loyal and in a way protecting. Plus Ash was able to help Brock with some of his problem as well. They just felt like brothers almost. A dynamic duo.

MattySadler

Probably Brock as they were together longest. Other than Brock, Misty. He still carries the Misty lure and I imagine it reminds him of her quite often.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably Brock as they were together longest. Other than Brock, Misty. He still carries the Misty lure and I imagine it reminds him of her quite often.

We haven't seen the Misty lure since DP though, he could have very well left it at home with his other things at the start of BW.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Yeah I'm going with Ash and Brock. Second place would be Dawn.

pokemon fan 132

Out of 11 traveling companions(counting current XY cast) i have to say closest bond was definitely presented with Brock and Misty imo.

One of reasons for this belief comes from fact how Ash only cried when Brock and well more so Misty had to depart saying alot about close relationship and strong attachment they built as friends between themselves. He was visibly shaken breaking down as character revealing how much all support, laugh, enjoyment, arguings and both good and bad moments they spent together meant to him becoming like true family.

Interestingly enough out of all girls Ash traveled with, it was only Misty who started to sob being on edge of crying when brother trio teased her over that clearly not wanting to leave her friends. So theres that too.

That said if i had to choose between those two while Brock may seem like logical choice in being labeled as someone with who Ash shared strongest friendship. Due to traveling for so long together, being person to who Ash could talk to without any refrain confiding himself. Having brother type of relationship working as synchronized team together with Brock helpling Ash great deal on his journeys through advices, moral support and wise comments.

I still got feeling how with Misty there existed certain dimension, variety of emotions and level of understanding between her and Ash which with time solidified their bond and relationship to very, very meaningful level.

Because of that and reasons ill list below Misty and Ash had in my opinion most organic, endearing and filled with lot of care, tension, comedy and affluent characterization dynamic adding to realism.

From personality standpoint both Ash and Misty could/can be stubborn, sometime impulsive and hotheaded not wanting to back down to challenge or admit when they are wrong. There was always present certain competitive fire and friendly rivalry going between them encompassed through witty quips, sarcastic remarks and moments of arguing assessing each other knowledge, resourcefulness and even skills in battling taking competiton between them usually very seriously(like battle for badhe, Togepi, Totodile, Alto Mare race, Whirl Cup etc).

But they tend to be also very different from each other. Ash is clueless, naive and usually rash in decisions. Misty is more of a raconalist being blunt and straightfoward when something wont work, known to be big dreamer and romantic soul liking love and tenderness as contrast to her tomboyishness. And tend to be overly defiant, curious liking to solve riddles and be pat of action showing intelligence and quick thinking in coming up with plans how to escape of danger. Being planner, while Ash takes things as they are taking action before carefully preparing strategy leaving Misty several times astonished because of that overconfidence. But also admiring him a lot because of that being one of things she liked about him, despite not directly admitting it.

All of this created heavily emotion packed, full of energy and swaying chemistry going between Ash and Misty. With their similarities and differences making organic and spontaneous atmosphere having everything neeeded to make for ineresting relationship. Relationship wehich you could in end view as natural and unforced.

With there existing certain disagreements, getting on each other nerves or trying to outsmart themselves(which is normal for any friendship in real life with people having to learn how to live with each other flaws and find compromise). While their interactions also being pervated with lot of care, personal understanding and motivation .

With Misty raising up his spirit whenever he was depressed, or let down having many moments of laugh, talk about their desires or fun teaching Ash how to be more humble, better planner and trainer.
On other hand Ash influence on Misty stem from managing to cause conflict inside her charactere awakening that caring and tender traits putting lot of dedication and effort in helping people she cares about, spuring her brash, stubborn nature and competitive spark when getting on her nerves with his stupidity and audacious behavior .

Growing to respect, tolerate and care for each olther accepting both their flaws and qualities culminating in strong friendship. And to this day what appeared to be imo arguably closest bond so far.

Last edited:

MattySadler

We haven't seen the Misty lure since DP though, he could have very well left it at home with his other things at the start of BW.

I haven't seen him leave it behind, so as far as I know it is still with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.