• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Ash's team members (if any) will evolve during the Kalos League saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

Assuming Ash uses his reserves, which we can assume he will, which Pokemon in his team do you think will evolve? These are my possibilities in order of most likely to least likely:

1. Totodile ----> Croconaw

Now that the Water Starter curse has been lifted, and both his other Johto Starters are in their 2nd stage, I see Totodile joining them too, we saw Quilava evolve during the Sinnoh League saga, so I do think Totodile has a good chance of evolving...also realised that every single one of Ash's Johto Pokemon, except Heracross (which has a direct Mega Evolution) are in their 2nd stage (Bayleef, Quilava, Noctowl, Donphan). This makes Totodile my prime candidate for evolving this League...

2. Gible ----> Gabite

Gible became an important team member after he mastered Draco Meteor, causing real damage to Conway and also paving the way for Sceptile to finish Darkrai after landing some vital attacks. I would love to see the little guy evolve and we've seen Ash have a new liking for Dragons and he also has had great interactions with Prof. Sycamore's Garchomp and Cynthia's too, so, maybe he wants a Garchomp too...

3. Snivy ----> Servine

After Krookodile, Snivy was probably Ash's strongest Unova Pokemon, and seeing as how Ash doesn't have a Grass type on his Kalos team, Snivy may be used in the early stages of the tournament, and we could see a deserving evolution...

4. Tauros/Torkoal ----> (Gen 7 Pokemon ????)

These two are the only fully evolved basic Pokemon Ash has, Heracross was the other, but we've seen it gain a Mega Evolution, I also thought that in the match against Darkrai, Heracross would evolve into a Gen 5 Pokemon, and for the same reason as that, I think either Tauros or Torkoal should evolve, maybe possibly by a special item that a Gen 7 region trainer has at the League, it would be a good way for Ash to learn about the next region, and also if Tauros evolves, that one will get to be the leader of the pack at the Lab, so Ash will be "sure" he's always using the strongest Tauros, if he ever uses it...

Which of these do you guys think will evolve at the League, if any...??

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Snivy I guess since she seemed strong enough to have evolved at least once during BW in my opinion.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Totodile: unlikely due to being the funny pokemon.
Gible: likely but Noivern is more likely to happen to be honest.
Snivy: Maybe but Ash needs to focus on kalos team at the moment.
Tauros/Torkoal: See above.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Scraggy
Totodile
Snivy
Gible

phanpycross

God-king
Boldore not evolving by some trade-related issue was a missed opportunity, which could be rather easily rectified IMO.

If we are talking logically, cyndaquil battled more than enough to warrent another evolution, but quilava is way cooler than typhlosion, so Id rather it doesnt evolve.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
The Totodile line is horrible in my humble opinion, I'm glad the writers agree and tossed that thing to the side. Esp. the horror that is Croconaw. :S

Quilava and Corphish deserve an evolution, they did good/great in their respective regions.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'd still love Totodile to become my amazing Croconaw. Oh and Bayleef evolving into Meganium and becoming a candidate for mega evolution would also be absolutely amazing considering her bond with Ash.. but other than that, I'm neither expecting or particularly wanting anything else to evolve..

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
I'm hoping for a Bayleef evolution as we need some much needed Ash x Bayleef ;) A Buizel evolution would also be nice considering how much it's been through and its shear awesomeness (hoping to see an ice aqua jet again in Kalos).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He's used his reserves in Johto and Sinnoh, so I think there's a chance he'll do it in Kalos too. :x

I don't think he'll bring anyone back this time tbh, if there's some kind of post league series. He could use his reserves for that then.
I guess Noibat could evolve though, but I don't really want it to. I think Frogadier could evolve during the league as well if it doesn't happen before then.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Pignite was kind of a heavy hitter in BW so I can see it evolving as much as Boldore. I'm 90% Noibat is basically playing Gible's role with boomburst being its draco meteor so I doubt it will return. Crawdaunt is too villainous looking, totodile is too fun and Snivy is one of Ash's rare pokemon that don't just spam attacks so hopefully they will be left alone. Would be nice to see Bayleef or Scraggy evolve as they were more child-like and have room to grow.

Dax

Legend
Pignite was kind of a heavy hitter in BW so I can see it evolving as much as Boldore. I'm 90% Noibat is basically playing Gible's role with boomburst being its draco meteor so I doubt it will return. Crawdaunt is too villainous looking, totodile is too fun and Snivy is one of Ash's rare pokemon that don't just spam attacks so hopefully they will be left alone. Would be nice to see Bayleef or Scraggy evolve as they were more child-like and have room to grow.

What does that have to do with anything? Do Glalie and Gliscor look like angels? Heck, even Fletchinder looks like it's pissed off at the world most of the time. We've gone past the "Ash needs pokemon that look like good guys" a long time ago.

Anyways, I'm betting for a Scraggy evolution. I don't want any other fire starter to evolve. Quilava and Pignite balance perfectly with Charizard and Infernape.

Palpitoad could evolve too. I always wanted Ash with Seismitoad.

ssquaderi

Just wondering, but isn't it kinda possible that a Pokemon could evolve without Ash around, like at Prof Oak's Lab, like when calling for his reserves, Prof. Oak sends them and mentions that he may be surprised, and when Ash calls out someone it sees that they've evolved, would be kinda stupid but also pretty cool in my opinion...

ShadowForce720

Just wondering, but isn't it kinda possible that a Pokemon could evolve without Ash around, like at Prof Oak's Lab, like when calling for his reserves, Prof. Oak sends them and mentions that he may be surprised, and when Ash calls out someone it sees that they've evolved, would be kinda stupid but also pretty cool in my opinion...

It's possible but unlikely due to I doubt the writers would want to have an evolution of one of Ash pokemon happen off screen. Also another problem with that idea is that I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's pokemon would want Ash to see them evolve.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
He's used his reserves in Johto and Sinnoh, so I think there's a chance he'll do it in Kalos too. :x

Those were both Japan-centric regions so it was more convenient to recall from there.

Kalos is closer to real world France and might be too far. Or at least that's how I thought it worked in main Unova which seemed to have been based off of New York. If memory serves, Ash couldn't send Pokemon to or recall Pokemon from Oak's during the Unova Region because of the distance. At the end of the region Juniper shipped Ash's reserves to Oak's lab.

Charizard happened because he's a special snowflake.

isn't it kinda possible that a Pokemon could evolve without Ash around

I think it was mentioned a few regions back that Ash's Pokemon continue to train and spar among themselves, so being at Oak's is like being at the Daycare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.