• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Goh's Starters got done the dirtiest writing wise?

Which of the Galar Starters did the Writer's do the dirtiest?

• Cinderace

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Inteleon

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Grookey

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • All of Them tbh....

Votes: 46 51.7%

• Total voters
How is nearly defeating a champion level trainer the same as losing against someone with 5 pokemon...
Ash still was stupid in Kalos. His stupid Unova level mistakes caused him to loose.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Sad part is, they still did more than Grookey is doing now

Raboot knocked out Flygon, kicked Zapdos in the face, and took out Oleana's Milotic.

Drizzile found out who was stealing Sakurai's Lab data and put a stop to it

While True, it's not much but they still were more beneficial to Goh in these few episodes than Grookey has been in over 30 episodes
Ehh, I agree that the other starters' contributions were more impactful, but Grookey has had more interactions with the cast and environment than either of them have had (besides Scorbunny which was shortlived). Sorry, but I find the annoying brat whacking everything in sight more entertaining than watching Raboot stand around and actively avoid taking part in the episode or not watching Drizzile at all. At least Grookey takes interest in what's happening even if I can't stand its antics. I fear Grookey will get the JN middle stage starter treatment when it evolves into Thwackey.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Grookey contributes very negatively to the plot. It's like a cheap version of TRio, which is also cheap.
I mean it did start off as a TR gatcha mon....

Maybe that was for a reason

But yeah I don't like how they use Grookey to start an episode's conflict (Falinks, Spiritomb, etc)

I mean it'd be fine if Grookey actually learned of the consequences of it's actions but.....

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My bad, tht happens cuz i never read the pokedex entries lol
It’s no problem. I only remember because Journeys actually makes decent use of the Pokédex like with Kingdra being drawn out by Dragonite cries

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Grookey, it's the troublemaker of the Galar starters in the anime. While I do understand it belonged to Team Rocket which contributes its behavior, it didn't really tone down since being owned by Goh, probably because the writers wanted to stick it like a "gimmick" of this Pokemon.

Scorbunny is the happy rabbit, and it's already responsible while being wild, while Sobble is scared & passive chameleon and its invisibility fits to the real life species, mostly to get away from danger.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Cinderace has been out of focus for so long, It almost easy to forget that he was Goh's first capture and Pikachu equivalent

His last major focus episode was "Almost Pikachu Crisis" which was over a year ago and that was just a silly filler episode to boot

Where's is his Gigantamax Arc? They at least could do that for him

In my opinion, Inteleon. At least the others are always on hand. Drizzilie was forgotten about in that cave for fifteen episodes. At least it evolved and is now somewhat useful.

Grookey needs some development for me to say more.