• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Goh's Starters got done the dirtiest writing wise?

Which of the Galar Starters did the Writer's do the dirtiest?

• Cinderace

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Inteleon

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Grookey

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • All of Them tbh....

Votes: 46 51.7%

• Total voters

UnovaMaster

To be fair, you have to have an extremely high IQ to understand Go in-general. The development on a character level he and his Pokémon display is realistic and subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the long-term workings will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also his genunine authentic childlike characterization yet level of emotion/vulnerability for a boy character and outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from the idea of having emphasis on a male character who is more “weak” but also provides drive/hot-bloodiness we’ve not yet seen in the anime in such a prominent role; this is expessed in his more androgynous (maybe to harken back to Pokémon GO) design contrasting Satoshi’s more basic blank generic design and personality inspired from Red’s, for instance.

The real long-term passionate fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these storylines and characters outside of just basic battling and streamlined fetchquest checkpoints like Badges/Ribbons, to realise that they’re not just normal victories as in achieving a goal but changing and growing as a CHARACTER (Vulnerability - Messon/Go’s crying/emotional intimacy, Hibunny - Go’s understanding of change/teamwork, Suicune/Project Mew (his strength as a fighter/ambition) they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Go truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth in Go and would prefer a generic energetic cute waifu like Gloria to ship Satoshi which in itself is a cryptic reference to Hayao Miyazaki’s “Anime was a Mistake” line/criticism of the anime industry and its fans.

I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Daiki Tomiyasu’s love&genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

The irony is that unlike the Rick and Morty meme, none of this is wrong

D

Deleted member 384931

Only Grookey can still redeem itself now. And my hopes arent very high for that

Remix2

Seeing things like this makes me even more sad.

Where the hell was any of this in the actual show?

Did the person who made this come from an alternative universe where the Pokémon were allowed to interact and Drizzile actually stayed with the group and his Bro relationship with Cinderace remained intact?

Can I please go to that universe as well? :(

index.php
I miss the good old days of xy and heck even sun and moon where the Pokémon actually interact with each other.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Only Incineroar got to interact with Ash's Torracat outside of battles

The rest of Kukui's Pokemon didn't even exist until the league
Braviary says hello.

Also, at least in the case of Kukui it's excusable since he wanted to hide his Pokemon from Ash's class.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Wow this thread is still alive. Thanks everyone :cool:

Braviary says hello.

Also, at least in the case of Kukui it's excusable since he wanted to hide his Pokemon from Ash's class.
I forgot about Braviary lol

I also imagine that they're doing the exact same thing with Leon.

Apart from Charizard and Dragapult we have no idea what his team looks like and probably won't until Ash battles him in the end

Martinat388

He did the thing!
As for who I think got handled worse, they were all handled awfully, but I'd say Inteleon had it the worst (as much as it pains me to say - it's my 2nd favorite Pokemon after Greninja). Sure, Cinderace has criminally low focus for being a starter, and Grookey is a huge troublemaker who gets away with it, but at least they got screentime. Inteleon, meanwhile, didn't get any focus for 26 episodes, then disappeared for 8 episodes, then evolved, then disappeared completely till it became an Inteleon? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Apart from Charizard and Dragapult we have no idea what his team looks like and probably won't until Ash battles him in the end
Yeah, you're probably right. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out some pokemon not in sword and shield lol

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Because otherwise your thread, which is already biased and slanted by having the poll be about what you want to hear, is going to be closed
At this point I'm convinced you're trolling, though who am I to complain? It's pretty funny

Pokemonfan5

Tbf this happened to all the rivals except Gladion as the main focus was mostly on their ace.