• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Goh's Starters got done the dirtiest writing wise?

Which of the Galar Starters did the Writer's do the dirtiest?

• Cinderace

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Inteleon

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Grookey

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • All of Them tbh....

Votes: 46 51.7%

• Total voters

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I think perhaps people worship these billion dollar making fictional animals a little too much, time to put the starters down and touch real animals
Highly ironic coming from the guy (girl, it?) who's a JN fanboy(girl/it?) who believes that it's done no wrong, and seems to turn a blind eye to the bad writing present left and right, to the point you've outright insulted people for speaking about it.

EDIT: This post is officially validated by the fact that he reacted with a pointless emoji and dodged.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I think perhaps people worship these billion dollar making fictional animals a little too much, time to put the starters down and touch real animals

I think that you do not think, cause it requires a brain to do that.

Back on topic: I think Goh's Grookey is most dirtiest done by Writers, I think he's directly annoying to everyone else by hitting their head with his stick. I think Ash could have caught that monkey but no, He gives it to Goh. Goh will be always Gary Stu to me through.

Off-topic: Why are you even listening to Unovamaster? I think he's annoying.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
This would be a good point...however, there's nothing wrong with criticising the writing. As Panky said:
Highly ironic coming from the guy (girl, it?) who's a JN fanboy(girl/it?) who believes that it's done no wrong, and seems to turn a blind eye to the bad writing present left and right, to the point you've outright insulted people for speaking about it.

EDIT: This post is officially validated by the fact that he reacted with a pointless emoji and dodged.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
LMAO!

I’ve disliked how all three have been handled to varying degrees but Intelleon will always be the worst simply because of the whole “disappearing for 16 episodes in its middle stage then coming back and immediately evolving” schtick.
Hey now let's look in the bright side.

Grookey could end up being even worse :p
Oh wait.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well since Grookey didnt use a move despite debuting almost 30 episodes ago, Gous Grookey is the worst starter yet.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't think it's biased by any means since the majority of people in thread seem to agree that at least one if not all of the Galar Starters were done dirty to varying degrees

How about giving the option of 'none of them were handled dirty'? I picked Grookey, but that's only because it had no development yet.

The entire idea that this thread implies that it's just Goh's pokemon makes it seem like another Goh-bash thread in disguise, because Dragonite, Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish have also been handled like **** aside from their 1 or 2 focus episodes as well.

The only pokémon that hasn't been an asswhipe this series has been Lucario. All other pokémon have had bad handling to 'varying degrees'.

Mythical-Moonlight

How about giving the option of 'none of them were handled dirty'? I picked Grookey, but that's only because it had no development yet.

The entire idea that this thread implies that it's just Goh's pokemon makes it seem like another Goh-bash thread in disguise, because Dragonite, Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish have also been handled like **** aside from their 1 or 2 focus episodes as well.

The only pokémon that hasn't been an asswhipe this series has been Lucario. All other pokémon have had bad handling to 'varying degrees'.
Do not think this is a Goh bashing thread by any means

Just because someone has a problem with the way Starters are handled doesn't mean their are an Anti against their Trainer.
If that were the case I'd be completely Anti Ash for the last 7 Generations lmao

And for the record I was actually considering making a similar thread to this one but with discussion Ash's Journeys Team but I got side tracked and completely forgot about it. xD

But even then I don't agree that they've been mishandled quite as badly as the Galar Starters with the exception of Gengar and maybe Pikachu

With Ash's Pokemon their biggest obstacle is their severe lack of screentime but Dragonite, Dracovish, and Sirfetch’d haven't been particularly badly written so far.

Cinderace, Inteleon and Grookey have all had various holes in their writing which looks even worse as these 3 are supposed to be the faces of the current Generation.
Which only goes to show that the writers think just as poorly of SWSH as the majority of the fanbase does

To matters even worse with the way things are going, this is very likely going to be the very FIRST fully evolved Starter Trio in the Anime's history and this is the Trio with the least amount of effort put into them

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

There's an ongoing thread on Bulbagarden right now that brought this thread back to my attention.

Out all 8 Generations, do you guys think Goh's Grookey is the worst handled Cute Base Stage Starter had the main cast?

Some say it's Oshawott, some say it's Rowlet,

But some seriously believe it may be Grookey?
Mostly because it hasn't used a Move yet and it mostly just causes trouble?

MartínK

There's an ongoing thread on Bulbagarden right now that brought this thread back to my attention.

Out all 8 Generations, do you guys think Goh's Grookey is the worst handled Cute Base Stage Starter had the main cast?

Some say it's Oshawott, some say it's Rowlet,

But some seriously believe it may be Grookey?
Mostly because it hasn't used a Move yet and it mostly just causes trouble?

Yes, Grookey is the worst handled so far, far worse than Chespin and Mudkip and besides it hasn't used a single move but we know that it has his hidden ability