• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of Pokemon's running gags do you enjoy?

Blazing Charmander

I never really noticed it while watching the show, but after seeing a Youtube video about it, one of my favourites is when characters get Butch's name wrong. It's just hilarious to see his reaction.

Another one that i'm surprised nobody's mentioned is the Magikarp Salesman. I mean, that's been going since the St.Anne episode, and the guy just manages to double-cross James every time. I can't remember the episode, but there was one time where James caught onto his antics and chased him about. Genius!

bookist

mine is that the group always runs into beedrill. Hey whats behind this bush? Oh. *runs*

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
I'd say... Croagunk's Poison Jabs (best thing the writers ever thought of to stop Brock from flirting successfully) on Brock, and Gligar's random crashing-landings, glompings and faceraeps on Ash.

Yeah, those two gags are the ones I love best. I can't help but laugh at those every time they happen.

Dax

Legend
Gligar's constant crashing on Ash simple amuses me. In fact everything that Gligar does turns into instant comedy.

Opal Pikachu13

Meowth's Boss Fantasies
Brock and girls
Pikachu destroying main female character's bikes with Thunderbolt
Psyduck/ Wobbufett randomly coming out of Pokeball
Butch's name being pronounced wrong
Team Rocket breaking the 4th wall
Charizard's disobedience

Ubernational

Top coordinator
1.Meowth's Boss Fantasies-I love.
2.The way all of james grass types so too much "love"
3.Croagunks Poison jabs to Brock.
4.The Magikarp saleman always tricking Team Rocket.
5.Team Rockets Mechas.

I also like the short gags like Gardenia obsession with grass types.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
Croagunks Poison jabs to Brock
Charizard flamethrowing ash when he first comes back
gligar crash landing on ash i really like along with the winking ( he better stay that way when it evolves i can see a new gag when he evolves gliscor getting whipped up by the wind cant control where its going but ends up crashing into ash but ash runs away from it now seeing as how big he is)
the turtwig head biting
the starivia depression they could have made funny if they brought it up every once in awhile
the salesman is funny whenever he appears and (i remember that ep when james sees him bout 3 times and hes chasing him around)

thats about it

Nando-Piplup

Emo Coordinator
Nine Jr copying everyone, so cute and funny. Then there is Meowths fantasies, thats what i loved of Hoenn best!I also kind alike Bunearys flirting times with Pikachu

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Brock going goo-goo for a girl always makes me laugh. TR's "blast-offs" are sometimes funny, but a good one is rare. Oh, and Meowth's fantasies are always entertaining.

Darth Grievous

Call me Kioshi.
Have you noticed how many people say Meowth's Fantasies about Giovanni?...