• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of the Diamond and Pearl starters are you getting?

Dinaria

These are real fears
Probably Pocchama, but I'll have to check the stats and such before choosing, and make up a team too. x3

esper109

HGSS FTW
naetoru on diamond and pocchama on pearl, plus ill just cheat and get them all on botth anyway!, but naetoru/pocchama shall be my continuation starters

Hi_Hi_Dude17601

<--He's my bishie!!!
Pocchama. I can't say no to a penguin like that.

Raunchy_fad

Ooh, maaaan!
Hikozaru for now, but like Totodile he could turn into something rather lame. But evolutions don't matter now, man, so like, Hikozaru it is!

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I'm getting them all. What kind of starterlover would I be if I didn't?

Haritoise

To The West
Pochama. Hoping it will learn some ice moves, so it can trounce grass types, and clean out the fire types with its water moves.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Pocchama, most likely because I always choose water. I kinda like all three starters this time round, even the grass type(a real rarity for me). I think I'll wait til I know more about Buizeru before I decide on Pocchama for sure tho.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I definitely want to get the penguin, because it's adorable (the same reason I chose torchic the first time I played Sapphire). I'm kind of meh on the grass starter, and I REALLY don't like the monkey. Unless the monkey evolves into a more interesting pokemon, I'll use it last (I do try to go through all the starters).

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I might follow the tradition and take my first favorite starter (Pocchama) in my first favorite game (Diamond), then take my second favorite starter (Hikozaru) in the third version of the game (whatever it's called) and then my least favorite starter (Naetoru) in the remaining game of the generation (Pearl).

Or, I might change the tradition, since unlike back in the old days, I now have money to buy both Diamond and Pearl at the same time. Dunno yet.

At any rate, I will get all three in my Diamond, which will be my "Main Game" of the generation. I haven't yet figured out how in the heck am I going to do that this time, though, because GBA, GBA SP and a Link Cable won't help me now >-<'' Maybe trough that new game for Wii? Or maybe I'll buy a second DS 8D! *Kicks self*

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well, I haven't really thought about it that much, but probably the water starter, but it also depends how much I like thier evolutions

Charlie_

@therealcharlie
I really want Pocchama / Hikozaru. Why? I don't know..

But I wanna see what they'll evolve into first to make my decision. Naetoru could become this wicked awesome uber magical w00t w00t Pokemon.. So..

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Can anyone guess? It's Naetoru for me! ^^

That adorable little grass pokemon. It almost rivals Chikorita and Bulbasaur's cuteness. It'll probably be built defensively like Venasaur and Meganium. I wonder if it'll be OU. I wonder if this pokemon will be able to snatch Venasaur's 3-generation-long, "King of Grass Pokemon," title from him after all these years. We'll have to see... I think now that Venasaur's Sludge Bomb may potentially be changed to a special move, he's even tougher.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
I'll probably pick Hikozaru, he's totally cool and is the best monkey poke yet. I'll use him unless there's an electric three form that you catch early on that evolves around the same time as the starters, could be a substitute like mareep in johto.

Can anyone guess? It's Naetoru for me! ^^

That adorable little grass pokemon. It almost rivals Chikorita and Bulbasaur's cuteness. It'll probably be built defensively like Venasaur and Meganium. I wonder if it'll be OU. I wonder if this pokemon will be able to snatch Venasaur's 3-generation-long, "King of Grass Pokemon," title from him after all these years. We'll have to see... I think now that Venasaur's Sludge Bomb may potentially be changed to a special move, he's even tougher.

Im also going to choose Naetoru. I want to be more unique and Ill bet anything that the final evo will be Standard. Venusaur has been best of the Kanto starters by far. It wrecks havoc in OU play and has been feared by many competitively. Naetoru has a LOT to live up to, but he looks promising.

And yes, if Sludge bomb becomes special, I shudder to think how awesome Venusaur will be. Venusaur was Standard evem witout Sludge bomb back in RBY (then again, it got Razor Leaf which always got a critical hit making it a power 110 move with 95 accuracy that did not get weakened by the opponent's Amnesias or Growths)

Come on guys. Choose Naetoru! join the club! :)

btw, Im not forcing you to choose him ofcourse. hehe.

Amadeus

Landshark
I'm going to wait to see evolutions and stats/movepools first. I like to have some idea of what I'm getting into. Also, if they have some type changes, it'll influence my decision.