• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of the non-Spe manga would work best as an anime?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Current or past, any manga that isn't Special. Which would work best in anime format?

Personally I could easily see DPA working well as a short anime, maybe Phantom Theif too.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Electric Tale of Pikachu. Maybe if it was more like that, there would be less haters on it...maybe.

Lesse. Ginji's Rescue Team could work as a 12 ep show. Phantom Thief as well...

DPA could last over 20 eps.

Aquarelle

Staff member
DPA's the only non-Special Pokemon manga I've read, but I definitely could see it working as an anime. I would love to watch it!

I can Imagine DPA! as a probably 20-25 ep long series. o3o *shrug*
I think the second PMD manga would be pretty good as an anime series too.

But yeah, Electric Tale would definitely be awesome.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
How about ReBURST? It would make for a good shonen anime.
For those who like shoujo-fluff-romance, Magical Pokemon Journey seems like the ideal anime.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Electric Tale of Pikachu maybe? I mean most Pokemon manga's aren't long lasting series so if you know it's not long lasting you might not invest as much into...I said might. Reburst might be a good one as well. As long as they keep their manga artwork that is.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
ReBurst is one of the best candidates, thanks to the tournament. Not to mention, its practically Digimon Frontier done right.

matt0044

DPA, if you ask me, should have an Anime that expands on the story and characters.

Leety

PokeSpe Enthusiast
Electric Tale of Pikachu is based off the game-based anime. Basically, it would be... "An anime based off the manga based off the show based off the games based on bug-collecting!" which is a bit silly.

Pocket Monsters wouldn't be too bad I suppose. DPA I think would be cool, but it focuses a bit too much on Team Galactic so the show's villains would be as varied as the real anime's most episodes. Then again, they could change the DPA anime to make it different but still faithful...

If anyone was ever to make an official anime based on a PKMN manga, it would be Special and then that would be considered "the manga anime" and the other ones would never stand a chance :(

Dark Searchman

Serpentine Sniper
Definitely ReBURST. It's a great shonen comparable to Fairy Tail and Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan in some respects.

Also, if they don't have a manga for Colosseum/XD, they should, and then they should make that into an anime as well. :)

shengar

Silent reader
DPA's the only non-Special Pokemon manga I've read, but I definitely could see it working as an anime. I would love to watch it!

Electric Tale of Pikachu maybe? I mean most Pokemon manga's aren't long lasting series so if you know it's not long lasting you might not invest as much into...I said might. Reburst might be a good one as well. As long as they keep their manga artwork that is.

THIS
Dengeki Pikachu! or Electric Tale of Pikachu can make great work of a short series. Probably last for 6 or 8 episodes. Although a bit short, if they still faithfully show the same level of art and violence, itu could a bit redemption for the original anime which the manga based from.

DPA could do it too. It could make a great fresh 26 Episodes of Pokemon Animes.

Anything will it be Special, DPA, or ReBurst as long as there are alternative anime other than the current one, I'll watch (yes, even ReBurst).

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
DPA I think would be cool, but it focuses a bit too much on Team Galactic so the show's villains would be as varied as the real anime's most episodes. Then again, they could change the DPA anime to make it different but still faithful...

What, are you kidding? Those are the best parts!

And despite my all-consuming love for DPA, my vote here would be for Magical Pokemon Journey, simply because it's so different than anything else we have. It's one of the few parts of the franchise to not focus on a trainer journey, it's "geared towards girls" whatever that means, it's got a witty sense of humor, and the pokemon have actual expanded personalities!

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I'm surprised so many people think EToP would be a good anime. It'd be barely different from the Kanto anime.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm surprised so many people think EToP would be a good anime. It'd be barely different from the Kanto anime.

And that's where you're wrong.

While several plot elements are similar to their anime episode counterparts, many chapters are drastically different from their source episode material.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
And that's where you're wrong.

While several plot elements are similar to their anime episode counterparts, many chapters are drastically different from their source episode material.

I've read it several times and most of the changes aren't extreme enough for it to be it's own series.

matt0044

I've read it several times and most of the changes aren't extreme enough for it to be it's own series.

Not even the Clefairy chapter where Ash busts badassly through a window?