• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of the Pokegirls had the best relationship with Pikachu?

Who had/has the best relationship with Pikachu?

• Misty

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • May

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Dawn

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Iris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serena

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Lillie

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Lana

• Mallow

• Total voters
Question in title

This is all a matter of opinion, personally, I feel like Pikachu liked Dawn and Serena the most.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Misty by a land slide! The guy was always fond of her and even acted as an elder sibling for her Togepi. May and Dawn... IIRC Pikachu electrocuted both of their bikes though with Dawn Pikachu did have a really good friendship with her Piplup. Iris... lol no. Serena... eh the best interaction they’ve had was XYZ 22 and honestly I’d say that Pikachu bonded more with Bonnie given how much she took care of him as well as how Pikachu also acted like a guardian to her (future) Dedenne. If I had to rank it would go:

1. Misty
2. Bonnie
3. Dawn
4. Serena
5. May
6. Iris

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well though I don't like Misty much as a Pokegirl, I have to say Pikachu liked her the most.

DatsRight

Misty, she treated Pikachu less through Ash, especially early on when he was the mutual character when Misty and Ash couldn't stand each other.

The others, though getting some cute interactions here and there they don't feel as significant a bond, and more like they would barely care about him if it wasn't for the fact he's Ash's Pokemon. The nearest to significant is perhaps Lillie because he was the second Pokemon she managed to conquer her phobia against and even then they don't interact individually that much besides that one episode.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Obviously since SM hasn’t finished, I didn’t rank Lillie, Lana or Mallow though I will say that so far Lillie looks like she could be anywhere in the TOP 3.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Obviously Misty. Pikachu refused to battle against her at Cerulean Gym and that was only 7 episodes in! They developed quite a relationship throughout Ash and Misty's journey together.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
1. Misty
2. Dawn
3. Iris
4. Lillie possibly if not Bonnie
5. May
6. Serena

I can't remember any episodes where Serena and May actually bonded with Pikachu, however Dawn and Misty have numerous moments

I do remember however Pikachu heavily forced Ash to apologize to Iris when they got into a fight during DA

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I was about to press Misty obviously but my mind couldn't forget the episode Pikachu had with Lillie and it just melted my heart. I'm sure most of us are going with Misty but I'm going with sweet Lillie.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
I mean I'm pretty sure there's a ship that exists for Misty/Pikachu...

Misty > Bonnie > Serena > May > Dawn >> Iris (I know Lillie had that episode with Pikachu so she'd probs be high too)

Surprised people are putting Dawn high up tbh, I remember there was a sweet moment where she carried sleeping Pikachu but not too much other than that

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Misty was, without a doubt, the Pokégirl who had the best relationship with Pikachu. The two of them grew quite close to each other during Misty's tenure as Pokégirl. Pikachu's reaction to seeing Misty again in SM's Kanto episodes just highlighted how close he is to her. As far as I know, she is the only Pokégirl whom Pikachu ever addressed by name in Pikachu-speak (although that could be because the writers never thought to give the other Pokégirls names in Pikachu-speak).

With SM still airing, I think it's a little unfair to compare Pikachu's relationships with Lillie, Mallow, and Lana to his relationships with Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, or Serena (or even Bonnie, if we're counting her as a "Pokégirl"). However, I really do like how Pikachu's relationship with Lillie is blossoming—how he was the third Pokémon she was actually able to touch on her own. And without spoiling the recent Japanese episodes, there was one scene in particular involving Lillie and Pikachu that I found rather touching.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I mean I'm pretty sure there's a ship that exists for Misty/Pikachu...

Misty > Bonnie > Serena > May > Dawn >> Iris (I know Lillie had that episode with Pikachu so she'd probs be high too)

Surprised people are putting Dawn high up tbh, I remember there was a sweet moment where she carried sleeping Pikachu but not too much other than that

Can I ask why Bonnie and Serena were ranked so much higher than Dawn? Bonnie had a good relationship with Pikachu during XY but that later fadeded and I barley even remember Serena interacting with Pikachu during XY

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
None of the above

I mean there would be a 'least worst' which would technically make them the best.

Anyway Misty. Good Pikapal in the first Cerulean Gym Battle and has his own speech pattern for Misty. Second would be Dawn for similar reasons. Third...probably Lillie and trying to help her fear but honestly after Misty and Dawn there isn't really any 'oh, they had a good relationship', sans maybe Iris.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Can I ask why Bonnie and Serena were ranked so much higher than Dawn? Bonnie had a good relationship with Pikachu during XY but that later fadeded and I barley even remember Serena interacting with Pikachu during XY

Because they shared more interactions with Pikachu than Dawn did from what I can recall

Oh yeah Dawn also temporarily 'owned' Pikachu and protected him from TR so I guess I'd put her equal to May then