• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which of the Pokemon DS games interface did you like best?

Which interface did you like?

• D/P/PT

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • HG/SS

Votes: 77 67.5%
  • B&W

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • B&W2

Votes: 15 13.2%

• Total voters

Azureth

Out of D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B&W and for those who've played it B&W2 which menu interface did you like best?

For me, I really enjoyed B&W. It was easy to navigate and awesome to use.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Personally I liked always having the Start/X menu always up and just being a tap away from it instead of having to push a button.

Kalosian

So long
Definitely BW for me. I like how fast everything flows in the menus compared to D/P/P and HG/SS, I also find the touch screen use much faster and more solid than in HG/SS. I also love the red cross which makes it possible to exit the menu directly no matter what you are doing.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

ooh BW2. Though I don't have it yet, I know it's 1000x better than BW.

aaron-now

HGSS. Touch screen based everything. Though I do like the ability to have a large number of quick select items in BW/2. Also the save screen. But yeah, HGSS still take the cake.
Not sure what people are talking about with BW speed though. It wasn't that smooth of a transition from menu to menu.

shinymankey

Crobat Master
I don't own any Gen 5 Games so out of the two choices left, I'm going to with with HG/SS

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
HG / SS, it was easy to navigate

EnragedSwalot

I liked HeartGold and SoulSilver best. I really loved the touch screen controls for the game, and the fact that you could press a button to run. IMO, it was the easiest to navigate.

flyer1228

Novice Shiny Hunter
I like D/P because those are the ones I own. I feel that BW had a lot of extra movements and I disliked when you fought it would take so much time to portray a move. There were a lot of unused/extra Pokemon in BW too.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I don't like B/W's bag system - there weren't enough pockets and didn't like having my Pokeballs mixing with my stones and repels. Also it was just awkward to navigate and find things imo.
HG/SS all the way for me.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I voted for DPPt mostly because the Poketch was quite handy at times more often than not. I will take it over the C-Gear anyday.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
The interface? HG/SS hands-down. Having instant access to the full menu and two shortcut items, as well as a perma-run option and generally being able to operate everything through the touch screen made HG/SS easily the most user-friendly games. The Pokétch was a bit of a novelty and the C-Gear is only occasionally useful at best for most players - neither needed to take up the entire bottom screen all the time.

Of course, I haven't played B2/W2 yet, but their interface looks like it's going to be roughly the same as B/W, so I doubt that it can overtake HG/SS for me.

Cutty

Forever now

Even though it's faster, but B/W version put the pokeballs together with items. I prefer HG/SS one.

Last edited: